The Reason's new beta with VST3 support has arrived now

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sQeetz wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:27 am
Trancit wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:51 pm I find it a bummer that Reason Rack plugin cannot host plugins... it degrades it´s usefulness by a lot imho and honestely I do not understand...
Every plugin that was made as a kind of plugin version from a DAW was and is able to... just Reason... :(
I don't really mind RRP not being able to host plugins... what really bothers me, though, is it having the internal sampling capabilities turned off for no reason at all (pun intended)
Especially with the new combinator in play, being able to host plugins in the rack plugin would be precisely the kind of new, fresh, possibilities-opening thing that Propellerheads has avoided like the plague throughout the last decade.

^^^ the modulation signal generator modules of the PSP nitro family can be used pretty well together with the VTS/AU plugins (especially with ones that haven't got their own modulation system like the soundtoys effect rack) in the Voltage env. so yepp +1

"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Liero wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:58 am
sQeetz wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:27 am
Trancit wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:51 pm I find it a bummer that Reason Rack plugin cannot host plugins... it degrades it´s usefulness by a lot imho and honestely I do not understand...
Every plugin that was made as a kind of plugin version from a DAW was and is able to... just Reason... :(
I don't really mind RRP not being able to host plugins... what really bothers me, though, is it having the internal sampling capabilities turned off for no reason at all (pun intended)
Especially with the new combinator in play, being able to host plugins in the rack plugin would be precisely the kind of new, fresh, possibilities-opening thing that Propellerheads has avoided like the plague throughout the last decade.
Honestly, Reason has enough Virtual Instruments and Plug-ins that you can do almost everything you could think of in the combinator using just that. I don't see this as a big problem.

The point of Reason Rack is to allow Reason owners to extract value out of Reason by bringing Reason's Rack Ecosystem into a third party DAW. I think it accomplishes its goals. The only major issue it had, earlier on, was the lack of MIDI Out. That has been long addressed.

I think it's fine. I just wish they would go back and update the UI on some of the older instruments. Reason Studios has a habit of releasing things and then practically abandoning development on them.

Beyond that, sometimes people need to accept something for what it is and what it is designed to deliver :-P

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

I’m enjoying Reason these days. Especially blocks mode in the sequencer.

CLAP support is unnecessary. More sequencer improvements and especially MIDI routing internally and across VSTs is what is really missing.

M1 support will be fine, but it runs perfectly well in Rosetta for me.

eclipxe wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:19 am I’m enjoying Reason these days. Especially blocks mode in the sequencer.

CLAP support is unnecessary. More sequencer improvements and especially MIDI routing internally and across VSTs is what is really missing.

M1 support will be fine, but it runs perfectly well in Rosetta for me.
Rosetta doesn't work when you use Reason has a Rack in another DAW and it forces you to run that other DAW in Rosetta Mode to get good performance or acceptable stability with it. M1 is a big deal.

Lots of Intel plug-ins misbehave when run out of process in M1 Native Logic Pro, for example.

I still think they need to improve their sequencer for the core Reason user base who actually uses it as a full production solution.

Right now, I don't even have it installed on my MBP. I won't bother until an M1 update is released.

I am glad they are doing this for Reason 12, because I don't foresee myself investing in any more Rack Extensions and definitely not any Reason upgrades. That development team is too laggard. I like what's there, but this is enough for me.

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

Agree on m1 for the plug-in and improvements to the core sequencer.

The new combinator is a big improvement.

What’s new?

So two months later VST3 is still in beta?

It seems they can't get anything done anymore.

Who does the non-device development team consist of these days? A twelve year old and his monkey?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:46 am So two months later VST3 is still in beta?

It seems they can't get anything done anymore.

Who does the non-device development team consist of these days? A twelve year old and his monkey?
VST3 has been released in r12 so no longer beta. Same restrictions as their vst2 with regard to midi apparently.

I am still on r11 so cannot comment further but know it has been released.

:oops:

I stand corrected - I didn't notice because it didn't seem like a full point release to me (it says 12.5d29) so I didn't really pay attention as it seemed like a minor release to me - I usually ignore these.

Thanks for the heads up! :-D

So they still do get stuff done now and then. That's at least a little encouraging.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I had Reason for nearly four years, and I couldn't get myself to finish a full track because I didn't like the piano roll. I always found myself going back into Renoise until I tried the piano roll in Studio One 5 last year, and I began loving it even more than Ableton's, which is also snappy and fluid. Unless there is a faster way to use Reason's piano roll, I don't think I'll be going back.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”