BF Anti-Consumerism Solidarity Thread [Today is: Sucker's Sunday]

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i need Help wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:28 am Today is: “Screw it maybe I can still get some good deals!” Sunday.

Just sayin’ lol.
Nope, it is not.

It's Sucker's Sunday. It's the Sunday following Cyber Monday where you feel left out and FOMO is taking hold of your wallet like a rabid pitt-bull. You've just got to get one of those deals but then feel the pangs of disappointment when you realize that it's just shades of very dull gray different from shit that you already have. You do your best to tart it up on KVR, but deep down, you know the truth: you were suckered!

i feel like a fraud, im not anti consumerist.
i just have more than enough "stuff" and less than enough "money" to buy the other things i might want (house for example)

vurt wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:55 pm i feel like a fraud, im not anti consumerist.
We know. It's ok.

phew.

With the PA stuff I figured I already have loads of plugins that 'colour' the sound in various ways, and before long there'll be a MEGA-20-OFF voucher so ...

Ended up getting Warble and the V76U73. Warble really is a nice flexible tone machine and the V76U73 can be overdriven into some really nasty fuzz if required - though it is otherwise quite polite and will likely find a new home on group busses for mixing into.

I continued testing all four, of course. The U17 craps out in a manner similar to Fuse's VPRE-2C when massively overdriven, which can sound good when mixed in low with heavy bass guitar. I can also see it living on a drum buss with Big Al pushing it.

I'll pick the other two up when the inevitable second voucher is awarded near the end of this sales drive. It was a pretty good deal. Ended up costing just £14.56 or £7.28 per plugin. :)

vurt wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:00 pmphew.
Isn't that the new end-all/be-all effect pee'doll from Gottya'gain? :hyper:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”