Reverb That Affects Only Mid to High Frequencies?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vanerio wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:04 pm
Vortifex wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:50 am Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but couldn't you achieve that just by putting the reverb on a send and highpassing it?
If you don´t want to buy a new plugin, this is the best solution.
Even if you do want to buy a new plugin this is the best solution. Lots more reverbs become viable if you have basic DAW competence...

ramseysounds wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:51 pm No. Seriously. If you need advice on eqing a reverb, maybe music isn’t for you. My question was not sarcastic; it was 🙄 really?? 🤦‍♂️
Maybe he only dabbles? :shock:

I know that sounds impossible but there must be a few out there.

THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

ramseysounds wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:51 pm No. Seriously. If you need advice on eqing a reverb, maybe music isn’t for you. My question was not sarcastic; it was 🙄 really?? 🤦‍♂️
he didn't just ask that. I read it more as: how can I reverb specific elements from a loop.

Eqing a reverb is only the very basic way. Good luck making a snare room verb with that approach as you can't.

as above - here are some better approaches

Or you could e.g. duplicate the loops and cut out all but the snares and use that to send to the reverb. this way you could maybe also do the same for the hhs.

Or some programs allow you to chop a loop to individual samples and generate midi.

but, you'll always have some things that clash - so might want to use a mix of all of the above.

I already gave the definitive answer. Why is this discussion still going on? :ud:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:28 am I already gave the definitive answer. Why is this discussion still going on? :ud:
more like why is the topic focused only on high pass and EQ...

muki wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:53 pm fabfilter pro-r
https://www.fabfilter.com/products/pro-r-reverb-plug-in

both lets you control the reverb amount based on frequency
This is what I was going to recommend looking at :tu:

Biome_Digital wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:13 pm

yes
and also the decay times depending on frequecy
at least that's how i understood the question,
which on the other side, imho was quite ambiguous...
have we already heard back from the OP ? :D

_leras wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:38 am
Aloysius wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:28 am I already gave the definitive answer. Why is this discussion still going on? :ud:
more like why is the topic focused only on high pass and EQ...
Probably the disparity between topic title and post. Some might not have read the OP and answered only the titular question.

Still. As muki suggests, we won't know what the best fit is until we get that reply.

Acon Verberate 2 allows both EQ and frequency dependent decay.

muki wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:04 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:13 pm

yes
and also the decay times depending on frequecy
at least that's how i understood the question,
which on the other side, imho was quite ambiguous...
have we already heard back from the OP ? :D
The decay at different freq' is a great feature!

It's better to help people where they are, than to mock them for not meeting standards.
In my earliest days here, as a quite total newby, I mentioned something I liked, but had not heard before, to a forum veteran. Instead of a snarky 'everybody knows that' kind of reply, I received an enthusiastic agreement. Later, when I noticed that juxtaposition, I made it a goal help without looking down.

For the record, I think that was an excellent question, and appreciate the helpful replies.
Cheers

OP has been posting nearly 2 years. Hardly a newb 🤷‍♂️
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

and also
SSL FLexVerb seems to have frequency dependend (low, mid, high) reverb decays ("reverb time multipliers")

https://store.solidstatelogic.com/plug- ... e-flexverb

ramseysounds wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:42 am OP has been posting nearly 2 years. Hardly a newb 🤷‍♂️
I’m guessing the OP was trolling.

There are no responses after asking the question.

Return to “Effects”