Are u feeling good about our music technology?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:50 pm Still feels like sorcery to me. :)
we are sonic sorcerers.
we weave magick spells.

I will try to spell correctly then Vurt mate,
furthermore
Make some charms!

nix808 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:02 pm
masterhiggins wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:03 pm The technology has been getting better, yet the music is getting worse.
I am guilty of this statement.
My current album is stalled while I noodle

My music is not progressing, while the technology I am bringing is existent in MIDI guitar and plug-ins

I am progressing with my playing and theory some
Do what you like to make yourself happy and don't count on ever making a living off it, or even really producing anything. My brother has a degree from one of the most prestigious music schools in the world and he works as a desk clerk in a retirement home. There's no level that's going to equal success to the outside world. You have to define what success is to yourself and make music for yourself. That's the reward. If you happen to figure out a way to make a living from it, that's awesome, but if you don't, at last you had a great time.

Technology hasn't made music worse. At least not music technology. Music technology has just opened things up to a wide range of people who could never afford to buy a Jupiter 8 in the 70s. There's no longer a huge financial hurdle to make music, nor is there a record company gate keeper who's going to stop you from publishing your music. So, the zone is flooded, but I suspect the amount of good music per capita is probably about the same as it ever was, but it's probably not being made for you, because most pop music is made for teenagers.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I kinda measure my success by how much I like the result of my effort.
I want to create things that are lasting, and there also measure success.
I want a fine thing, making no mistake, which is not too much to ask in a small piece at a time.
This will mean stalling to do details/refine from my past arts,
the computer stuff is editable, with sculpture less so
There are lots of entities helping me in material substances,drawing/visual art and music/music software, I have this amazing work to be part of, with very little pressure. I am overly fortunate largely

I will remain free art, in the thought I can give something a touch. I'm lucky, I think I can survive anyway. I do produce in these 3 spheres, some 3350 downloads of plug source since January is relevant to KVR

...u make urself happy in music too, zerocrossing. U can create something to be sure if u want, why not imo

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”