Minimalist high quality mix & master plugin chains you'd recommend?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I could pretty much be cool with only TDR stuff. Top quality, totally reliable. Also adding some saturation, usually Blackbox do the work and Bettermaker is great for managing lows and highs.

TDR Slick EQ M
TDR Kotelnikov GE
Bettermaker EQ232D
HG Blackbox
TDR Limiter 6 GE

That's it when it comes to masterbus. Never need anything else. Usually working things out in the mix though.

kvotchin wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:07 amonce and for all
:hihi:

Saturation, compressor, image, EQ, clipper, limiter. Not all are necessary to use always.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Gullfoss Master > Brainworx bx_townhouse or Pulsar Mu > Kazrog True Iron or Softube Tape (if needed, I don't always saturate the 2 bus) > TDR Limiter 6 (peak limiter only most of the time).

My masters suck balls by the way.

Asks for a mix & mastering chain... buys some saturation. This is what I would call minimalism.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Perhaps I could’ve been clearer as to what “minimalism” means to me in this particular case. But whatever.

Limiter 6 GE can be had for ~$15, it seems. Strikes me as very likely worth it, for what I have in mind.

I actually tend to quite like Molot on a mix, rather than Kotelnikov, with carefully chosen settings. It's a harder compressor to use though.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

kvotchin wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:31 am Perhaps I could’ve been clearer as to what “minimalism” means to me in this particular case. But whatever.

Limiter 6 GE can be had for ~$15, it seems. Strikes me as very likely worth it, for what I have in mind.
Was actually meant as a compliment, if referring to my comment. 8)

Regarding the Limiter 6, it is most definitely a good Limiter, while quite a few are still regarding the Original as the better Option.
https://www.tokyodawn.net/vladg-limiter-n6

El°HYM wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:15 pmRegarding the Limiter 6, it is most definitely a good Limiter, while quite a few are still regarding the Original as the better Option.
https://www.tokyodawn.net/vladg-limiter-n6
Hm. Why? Better in what way(s)?

Its sonically slightly different, also different kind of sweetspots. Maybe just a matter of taste.

Stock EQ from your DAW, Presswerk for saturation and compression, then Limiter 6.

yeah definitely isotope ozone, but i find perfecting tracks first as much as you can at lower db levels before pumping in into ozone for some steroids works best. Although your not really meant to go back to adjust your track after its put into the mastering chain, I did quite a few times.

Return to “Effects”