cornpops beat 2 alt. lead v2 [120.013] (IDMish, dancish, Aphex Twin wannabe ;) )

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bluedad wrote: ↑Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:34 am Well, yes does sound like two different songs, nothing wrong with that..only thing about the mix to me is the snare sounds just a tad bit low. Good tune(s) though, enjoyed!
Samiver wrote: ↑Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:21 am Nice tune, I would echo that it seems like two different songs in a way but both are enjoyable and it worksπŸ‘
seismic1 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:49 am It seemed like a song in two halves. I really liked the energy and the dynamics in the first 2:15 or so. The melodic variation in this section was great, too. I thought the last two minutes were pleasant to listen to, but had a little less energy than the first half. Maybe you could have added an adapted reprise of the section from 1:29 to 2:16 at 3:21 and then continued from the original 3:21 to the end. This is only my personal feeling and it should be taken with a very large pinch of salt :) These changes would take the track length over 5 minutes, which might not be to your liking.

The mix was great.

Good work :)
thanks all for listening and your comments. i am glad that you feel only 2 songs :lol:
because in the beginning the elements of the song belonged to at least 3-5 different tracks. i always make small sketches, but i only keep the best parts and in the end i try to fit them into one single track. in this case i was pretty happy with the more calm ending section.
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

justin3am wrote: ↑Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:01 pm A nice track. Great sounds and composition.
Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for listening!
myself in 2022

jwnicholson wrote: ↑Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:22 pm The opening beat has a nice eighties vibe. Lots of variation to keep the interest, and I really liked your sound choices. Well done!
jeff
thanks for the kind words. thanks for listening"
(the drum module with samples which was used is Reason umpf drum sampler retro beats - so i thinkg it is why you feel the eighties :) )
myself in 2022

Just when I thought I knew where it was going, the track pleasantly surprised me by going in a different direction.

I really like the synth sounds. Are you using some saturation to warm them up?

Great mix. A treat to listen to. :)

Enjoyed the contrasts in this. I agree with the others, this sounds rather like two songs glued together - not necessarily a bad thing though.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Frantz wrote: ↑Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:46 pm Just when I thought I knew where it was going, the track pleasantly surprised me by going in a different direction.

I really like the synth sounds. Are you using some saturation to warm them up?

Great mix. A treat to listen to. :)
Hi Frantz,
thanks for the kind words. No, i don't use saturation. My mixing-technic is most of the time pretty simple. There is a synth, then a compressor, then an EQ (sometimes + chorus, or a pitchshifter or any other traditional effect . (Reverb is done via Send-Fx).
Maybe, the compressor is doing some nice warm punch. But on the other hand it is a pretty simple compressor, it has 2 attack rates. Normal (30ms) and fast (3ms) :lol: - but it is the perfect compressor for me :D
myself in 2022

folderol wrote: ↑Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:41 pm Enjoyed the contrasts in this. I agree with the others, this sounds rather like two songs glued together - not necessarily a bad thing though.
Thanks for listening. Glad that the 2 parts worked for you.
myself in 2022

Return to β€œMusic Cafe”