Dawesome Kult (Release Dec 22)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Preset levels seem rather too variable and need evening out - also a couple of patches are not making any sound for me (or so low I can hardly hear anything) and I'm finding the ARP is a bit slow to initialise for some patches that have ARP.

danielh02 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:11 am
mcnelson wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:05 am https://www.tracktion.com/products/kult

$129, but use code HOLIDAY22 to get it down to $64.50

Nice little xmas present, looking forward to playing with this :)
Even less with group code at JRR Shop:

https://www.jrrshop.com/tracktion-kult
which group code, if I may ask?

thanks,
Miguel.
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

The word "GROUP".

rsp
sound sculptist

Vortifex wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:55 am I find some of the fonts too small and indistinct, particularly those on the bottom half of the UI.
Agreed, the fonts could be bigger/clearer. I find I have to max the UI size.
SLiC wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:16 pm overall I'm just not sure it sounds 'different' enough from what I already have to add it to my already stupidly large collection
That was my very first impression (starting from INIT and playing with the oscillators), but a few minutes of tinkering won me over.

As I went on for a bit I found combinations I really liked, that I'd be more hard pressed to make with something else. Some of the attractor types sound pretty shit until you start messing with them using AM, or run them through a comb filter, etc. But others sound amazing on their own (also you can increase the gain to overdrive them...).

The more I use it, the more I like it. At the half price sale it was a no-brainer for me. It may wind up there alongside Aalto as a favorite synth plugin.

This guy makes really interesting stuff.
Yet, i too, having so many synths already, I'm hesitant towards what new it brings to the table.
Some nice stuff in the fx too, the clouds and shimmer...

Good stuff, yet i think i have enough synths that can deliver quite similar sounds.

Bought it, although no microtuning yet. Impressed.
artie fichelle sounds natural

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:58 pm Preset levels seem rather too variable and need evening out - also a couple of patches are not making any sound for me (or so low I can hardly hear anything) and I'm finding the ARP is a bit slow to initialise for some patches that have ARP.
Agreed and the patch quality is all over the place imho..
Some with no real time modulation (no modhweel, aftertouch.. nothing)
rsp
sound sculptist

Artie Fichelle wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:05 pm Bought it, although no microtuning yet. Impressed.
Indeed no standard microtuning (and I doubt that will ever be the case), but if you have Entonal Studio you can load Kult into it and use microtuning via MPE.

zvenx wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:16 pm The word "GROUP".

rsp
that simple... thanks!
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

is that thing Buchla inspired or what
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Bought... I like it! It's something different.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Pretty fun stuff!
The sale prices for their synths are crazy..
Absolute top sound/fun/dollar ratio.
ImageImageImageImage

2nd thought: Good concept, but missing the bread and butter sounds. Not made or not possible, that's the question.
So I feel it is a beta, as most 1.0 releases are. The developer has now the opportunity to leave it like that or to make an isntrumkent out of it. I have seen many good concepts dying, Neuron, Thorn et al.

A general issue: With microtuning any instrument has millions of more sounds. I used Kult with the Entonal Studio, which a fellow from KVR hinted me and guess what, much better and unique sound are possible. It is all about frequencies and tunings, as the universe seems to be made out of frequencies.
artie fichelle sounds natural

It's not a 'bread and butter' synth - thankfully - plenty of those elsewhere

Please continue to create synths that explore new sonic territory

Return to “Instruments”