Voltage Modular Has Stopped Working

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Shabdahbriah wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:30 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:07 pm but yeah, if they're crippling things to force an update, seems odd?
Indeed. 'Seems' very unlikely/improbable. I'd just uninstall it, and reinstall from scratch, personally. Obviously, if you have made/saved your own presets, find them and back them up first.
im just going on what wags and plexuss said, i cant say one way or the other i dont use vm.

vurt wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:47 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:07 pm but yeah, if they're crippling things to force an update, seems odd?
Indeed. 'Seems' very unlikely/improbable. I'd just uninstall it, and reinstall from scratch, personally. Obviously, if you have made/saved your own presets, find them and back them up first.
im just going on what wags and plexuss said, i cant say one way or the other i dont use vm.
I understand that. I'm just saying that the odds of VM becoming nonfunctional because an update is 'available' is highly unlikely. Were that true, we could safely assume that the "draconian" issue would be burning the interwebs to ashes with the scathing outcry of hundreds if not thousands of VM users, who haven't clicked "update" recently.

I confess I haven't checked, so that may be going on in the background... but still, it will likely be resolved promptly, if more than a few people have reported it to Cherry.

aside from that:
4-wags.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Shabdahbriah on Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:56 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:47 pm
I understand that. I'm just saying that the odds of VM becoming nonfunctional because an update is 'available' is highly unlikely. Were that true, we could safely assume that the "draconian" issue would be burning the interwebs to ashes with the scathing outcry of hundreds if not thousands of VM users, who haven't clicked "update" recently.

I confess I haven't checked, so that may be going on in the background... but still, it will be likely be resolved promptly, if more than a few people have reported it to Cherry.
indeed, it would be an odd decision ;)

as you say, i doubt there would only be wags posting, and it would be much harsher, if this were the case :hihi:

A fresh install might be your best bet. i also agree that VM steadily wanting to phone home is a bit annoying.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

I finally installed it on my new machine (of several months ago) the other day, and it seemed to stall out downloading a bunch of content and didn't work. I restarted it a few times, and each time it downloaded a little more until it had what it needed and started working. I don't know if the servers were bogged down, or what. But maybe all it needs is some more tries at downloading the content? :shrug:
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

Just some related info.

On an M1 MacBook Pro under Monterey and Cubase 12, I ran VM just to see if it froze up waiting for an update as mentioned in the first post. Worked as expected. I downloaded the installer and ran it. No issues. Stand-alone works fine and the VST3 plug-in works fine. No library issues either.

Of note: prior to this version, Cherry offered two Mac installers. One was for Silicon based Macs and the other for the Intel units. This new version utilizes a universal installer that appears to work just fine on the M1.
On a number of Macs

I observed the activity of Voltage Modular on and offline in Windows 10:
  • When you are online, VM connects to your Cherry Audio account and retrieves user info, gets your stuff, updates the catalog, etc. So it does "phone home" at every startup.

When you are offline, VM still works but with no updating available. This assumes that you signed in initially to activate VM and complete the initial installation online.

According to my firewall, VM does not maintain a continuous connection to the Cherry server while you are online, only at startup. After which the connection times out in a few minutes and is dropped. But if you visit the VM "Store" tab, the connection is resumed, and images are downloaded.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Just clear the cache files and Delete the module Files under Settings, it will rebuild and all is fine.

Return to “Instruments”