Korg Modwave Native (VST3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there any way to override the hardwire for the LFOs? I can understand maybe a couple hardwired LFOs since it's hardware and you have to menu dive to assign them. But all five, with no option to remove them?
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

It looks like Korg copied Pigments' GUI.

Greenstorm33 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:20 am Is there any way to override the hardwire for the LFOs? I can understand maybe a couple hardwired LFOs since it's hardware and you have to menu dive to assign them. But all five, with no option to remove them?
Click, hold, and drag one of the lfo's to what you want to modulate, a dot will show up there when you release it..
Then adjust the amount over on the right hand side, under modulations.

To remove, for example the filter lfo from affecting the filter cutoff, click on the knob, and then set the 'intensity' to 0, in that same right side modulation area.
Last edited by felis on Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Chrisk-K wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:56 am It looks like Korg copied Pigments' GUI.
Some parts are similar, some parts different.

No sample audition button, hmm..

I knew i should have stayed away from watching Modwave demos and demo it myself and i ended up buying it :)

I thought that it would overlap with the Wavestate and the Modwave and there is some if you stick to pianos and Guitars but for everything else they do have their own space and both are awesome in their own way :tu:

Playing with the PWMania Wavetable is just pure earcandy :love:

Buka wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:15 am No sample audition button, hmm..
It would be nice if you hear the samples by just clicking them. Anyway, I find if I choose any sample by clicking once then playing any key on my keyboard, it plays that sample.

Yes, I noticed that omission too.

Dan@Korg – please? :pray:
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Waaahhhh! So many synths and such little time (and money).
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

EnGee wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:36 am
It would be nice if you hear the samples by just clicking them. Anyway, I find if I choose any sample by clicking once then playing any key on my keyboard, it plays that sample.
Exactly how do you make that happen, please?

I've just tried it in a number of 'intuitive' ways, without any luck.

I've clicked a sampled waveform in an oscillator window in PLAY and hit a key on my controller, I've clicked a sample in Librarian (with various key modifiers), and so on. I only ever hear the currently loaded patch. I'm on Mac OS 10.14.6.

Some direct and 'natural' way of isolating and playing an individual sample, both in Play and Librarian views, would be more than welcome.

Boy Wonder wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:05 am Waaahhhh! So many synths and such little time (and money).
I have not been interested in any Black friday deals for years or any new products since i already have to much but this year i ended up on a Gasing spree.

First i bought Sampletank 4 Max and then also ended up upgrading to The Ik Multimedia Max bundle (FX and Instruments) after that.

Sampletank 4 Max did only take 17 Hours to download on my Mobile Internet and the other Max Products used about 12 Hours in download time :hihi:

After that i upgraded to Rob Papen Explorer 8 and bought 5 expansions for VPS Avenger.

I thought i was done but Then came MicroKorg Native and Modwave Native and i ended up buying those too :help:

There is a workaround When it comes to sample preview (Use the arp and enable latch).

I know it does'nt beat native preview but it is atleast a option while we hopefully wait for a built in preview :)

Spitfire31 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:14 am

I've clicked a sampled waveform in an oscillator window in PLAY and hit a key on my controller, I've clicked a sample in Librarian (with various key modifiers), and so on. I only ever hear the currently loaded patch. I'm on Mac OS 10.14.6.

Some direct and 'natural' way of isolating and playing an individual sample, both in Play and Librarian views, would be more than welcome.
In edit mode, choosing sample as kind of oscilator, then you click on a sample and a browser appears. Now cluck on a sample in the browser and play a key (without closing the browser) then choose another sample and play a key, etc.

EnGee wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:10 pm
Spitfire31 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:14 am

In edit mode, choosing sample as kind of oscilator, then you click on a sample and a browser appears. Now cluck on a sample in the browser and play a key (without closing the browser) then choose another sample and play a key, etc.
Aha! Thank you for explaining. It's a rather roundabout way, if I want to listen to raw samples (without switching to an init patch and isolating one waveform oscillator).

I'd appreciate an option to also simply monitor a raw sample in isolation from whatever patch filters, mods and whatever else I might be working on.

Why not just a key click, with a modifier, to audition raw waveforms wherever they might appear, In Play, Edit or Librarian?

I think that 'Cassini' opening pre-set my just about my favourite opening pre-set of all time (replacing Suger Bytes Aperillo default patch!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Spitfire31 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:41 pm
Why not just a key click, with a modifier, to audition raw waveforms wherever they might appear, In Play, Edit or Librarian?
Yes it should be there. As you said, a modifier key like Ctrl + click to hear the wavetable or sample if not a toggle on/off button to enable auditioning while clicking. kHs PhasePlant did it right.

Return to “Instruments”