Tokyo Dawn Labs release the SimuLathe product range (virtual disk mastering)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TDR SimuLathe CUT TDR SimuLathe REF

I hope this will find the audience. Anything to get better vinyl records!

Well, this is the thing that suits to some specific oriented professionals and knowing that TDR makes exclusively good stuff for professional engineers, I’m sure they weren’t put efforts on something obsolete. I can imagine for those who will buy this plug-in it will became long awaited feature-charged useful solution. 2 years of development, guys, this is obviously not experimental art-house stuff :) Just not for everybody and especially not for tweaky-winky bedroom wannabe producers (I’m one of them) :)

Dombaeb wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:57 am Just not for everybody and especially not for tweaky-winky bedroom wannabe producers (I’m one of them) :)
Yeah, but it's very important for mixes to translate. Just grab demo version, load it on master bus, enable playback emulation and see how the mix sounds if it ever be cut. And what about dance music, DJs, hot masters?
Vlad from Tokyo Dawn Labs

zero latency?

interesting!
nice to see someone try something new 8)

pekbro wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:57 am zero latency?
Half of disc revolution for the models (0.9 seconds for 33 1/3 RPM) plus a bit less than 100 ms for linear phase processors.
Vlad from Tokyo Dawn Labs

FabienTDR wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:35 pm See it as a hilariously over engineered lofi plugin.

Seriously, you get a set of precise filters, unique geometrically aware dynamics processors (CUT only), the most faithful simulator of vinyl sound you can get, including access to all sorts of nerdy defects. You can literally produce digital test cuts with it, experiment how your music would sound and look on disk.

Of course this is an effect, with 2 ins, 2 outs. Just a bit more complex than usual. But contrary to the next dozen pultec emulations, this one addresses real world issues.
what do you mean by "on disk"? You mean like on a CD? Wouldn't that just perfectly match whatever digital audio was transferred to the medium?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:33 pm what do you mean by "on disk"? You mean like on a CD?
a disk made of vinyl, perhaps?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I'm sure he meant plate - though it is disk shaped.

Burillo wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:33 pm
FabienTDR wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:35 pm See it as a hilariously over engineered lofi plugin.

Seriously, you get a set of precise filters, unique geometrically aware dynamics processors (CUT only), the most faithful simulator of vinyl sound you can get, including access to all sorts of nerdy defects. You can literally produce digital test cuts with it, experiment how your music would sound and look on disk.

Of course this is an effect, with 2 ins, 2 outs. Just a bit more complex than usual. But contrary to the next dozen pultec emulations, this one addresses real world issues.
what do you mean by "on disk"? You mean like on a CD? Wouldn't that just perfectly match whatever digital audio was transferred to the medium?
Yep obviously they mean cd. 🤦‍♂️

Sounds fun! Will check.

I have zero interest in vinyl, but I very much appreciate the nerdiness of it!

plexuss wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:17 pm Why?.. and $160 USD...??

Yea, big price increase over previous plugins.

Really like their comps and EQs........

No doubt a lot of work went into this as compared to the other stuff, personally
i dont have a problem with the price, tho
for me its mostly just a novelty, i have no
serious interest in it. For folks who are actually cutting their own records, no doubt
its a fair price. :shrug:

Yeah seems like a more than fair price for what it is.

Return to “Effects”