Get clock , resets to zero when host ( renoise )restarts pattern

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As you can see there is a get clock from the metro .
Whenever the host repeats it's pattern , the get clock aslo reset to zero ( perhaps the metro out signal resets itself ?)
I am not sure if this is intentional behaviour .
It's a mudulo which counts to 100 and a compare module to define the low and high states to get a pulse wave , because of this behaviour the pulse wave is inconsistent
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Architect follows the clock of the host platform, and as you surmised, it would seem Renoise resets the clock when the pattern restarts. Perhaps Renoise has an option to use global time instead of pattern time?

But anyway, I think I need to add another type of clock that ignores the host time and is free running: I can think of a lot of other use cases for such a clock, like allowing an envelope to complete properly when the host stops. I'll have a play about with this and see what I can come up with.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:10 pm

But anyway, I think I need to add another type of clock that ignores the host time and is free running: I can think of a lot of other use cases for such a clock,
Exactly :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I guess this is what is causing the architect sequencers to reset position each time Cubase reaches the loop point. Without Cubase in cycle mode the step sequencers stay synchronized to the host tempo and play through their sequences smoothly - Ideally I would like this behaviour even with Cubase in cycle mode. I'm not sure exactly what the different 'conduct' parameters do - or the 'Play /Auto Q' setting either but so far haven't managed to achieve what I'm after.

Funnily enough, someone asked about literally the same issue earlier today: I'm investigating the options that will allow the sequencers to work in this way.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Awesome!! Thank you :)

Return to “Loomer”