Battery 4.3 keeps asking for missing samples (even when pointed to new location)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

legendCNCD wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:06 pm I have always made sure I save the monolithic kits inside the project directory (for swapping projects with other half of project) or then into my own batterykits directory. This way doesnt matter what the paths are, it'll fail to find it first time when the project comes from other machine (I'll just press skip), then I load the kit and save. Now works again for me.
Not a bad idea but there is also clearly a bug which needs to be fixed. I suppose the bug is just with the VST3 version.

mi-os wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:24 pm
legendCNCD wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:06 pm I have always made sure I save the monolithic kits inside the project directory (for swapping projects with other half of project) or then into my own batterykits directory. This way doesnt matter what the paths are, it'll fail to find it first time when the project comes from other machine (I'll just press skip), then I load the kit and save. Now works again for me.
Not a bad idea but there is also clearly a bug which needs to be fixed. I suppose the bug is just with the VST3 version.
It’s since some versions starting with vst2

I just created a thread at NI forum about this. I hope support sees it there or reads my ticket. It shouldn't be too hard to fix and it's very important to me to get that working again.

After 2.5 work days no sign anyone at NI is interested in this. Sure not that long yet but they were always very responsive. It also looks like my post on their forum is getting ignored.

I wonder if they have at least one dev per app who is more or less constantly working on it and knows it in and out.

I wrote to a lot of companies, also big companies like Ableton and Arturia. All explain that they will look into it and will try to fix it. NI has the only support that shows you standard solutions, and refuse that there is a bug. There standard texts didn’t solve the issue, so I gave up long time ago. I tried it some weeks ago, now they have the same Ticket system as Izotope. This support feels like they want to make it more difficult to report your problem in detail. After you have reported your problem, the support doesn’t get what’s wrong, because they are unable nor do they want to replicate the issue. No interest, but they are sorry for that.

mi-os wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:34 pmI wonder if they have at least one dev per app who is more or less constantly working on it and knows it in and out.
Battery is maintained by Kontakt team and Kontakt takes priority.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:59 pm
mi-os wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:34 pmI wonder if they have at least one dev per app who is more or less constantly working on it and knows it in and out.
Battery is maintained by Kontakt team and Kontakt takes priority.
Thanks for the info. That's what i was afraid of. I wonder how long we have to wait for a fix in this case.

There's no concrete date I can give you.

I think even if the devs can't get on it immediately the support could at least acknowledge there is a problem and getting it started. I also have no idea whether my ticket is being processed or not since i got an auto reply telling me i asked for support for an unsupported product (Battery 1-3). I never asked for that.

The forum they seem to answer some posts but ignore others. The problem is i don't know why because there is no communication happening.

In the end fixing products leads to less support requests and happy customers.

sacer wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:57 pm ...
This support feels like they want to make it more difficult to report your problem in detail. After you have reported your problem, the support doesn’t get what’s wrong, because they are unable nor do they want to replicate the issue. No interest, but they are sorry for that.
I also can't say i like their support system. For example it's unclear to me if they are going to read it and do something about it or not. Kind of left in dark about the state.

mi-os wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:04 pm
sacer wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:57 pm ...
This support feels like they want to make it more difficult to report your problem in detail. After you have reported your problem, the support doesn’t get what’s wrong, because they are unable nor do they want to replicate the issue. No interest, but they are sorry for that.
I also can't say i like their support system. For example it's unclear to me if they are going to read it and do something about it or not. Kind of left in dark about the state.
They read it, but the have nothing to do with development. They give generell tips like an uninstaller, or that a product is not supported anymore. It’s like common installer tips, or solving issues with your OS. But they are not understanding if there is an issue with their software, that they should forward to development team, to solve an issue. Maybe a lot of customers must report the same bug, to get them started. I have the same problem, but I can’t help by opening the same ticket, because I have given it up. It’s a waste of time. On their forum I have made the same Experience with native access 2. If nobody else has the same problem, than your post gets ignored.

OK so I have tried to reproduce the behavior from the first post in this thread.

1. Opened a Reaper project (I don't own Cubase) and loaded Battery 4.3.0 (VST2) in there
2. Dropped 3 samples from the one and the same folder to different cells, saved project, then closed it
3. Renamed that folder now and reopened the project
4. I got the missing samples dialog, I pointed it to the renamed folder and let Battery find the samples that are there - all good
5. Resaved the DAW project

Then I closed the DAW, reopened it and reopened the project. Everything loaded perfectly without asking for samples again.

So, it seems to work fine over here?

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:27 pm OK so I have tried to reproduce the behavior from the first post in this thread.

1. Opened a Reaper project (I don't own Cubase) and loaded Battery 4.3.0 (VST2) in there
2. Dropped 3 samples from the one and the same folder to different cells, saved project, then closed it
4. I got the missing samples dialog, I pointed it to the renamed folder and let Battery find the samples that are there - all good

Then I closed the DAW, reopened it and reopened the project. Everything loaded perfectly without asking for samples again.

Can you try it with Ableton 11 on windows 11 ?

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:27 pm OK so I have tried to reproduce the behavior from the first post in this thread.

Thank you very much doing it. Could you please try the same with the VST3 ? That's what i'm using now and is what Cubase will show per default if you have both VST2/3 versions installed.

sacer wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:18 pmCan you try it with Ableton 11 on windows 11 ?
I can but not on W11, I'm not moving to it until I upgrade to a completely new machine.

But at any rate, this is not really host dependant behavior - and definitely not OS dependant behavior...
Last edited by EvilDragon on Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”