Am I the only one who doesnt like/has no use for Soothe2?!

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:31 pm i think hes faster and more on point removing the harsher frequencies with a dynamic eq, thats probably what he meant.
How do you know that??

im good at cracking codes and cyphers. :)

I always found myself using it and I would love it at first, but later on in the mix remove it. I think it kind of 'weakens' sources in a confusing way.

Soothe is next on my list of plugins to buy (on sale of course.)
As others have stated, I think Soothe is designed towards resonances, and to be quite plug and play. Pro-Q3 as far as I understand cannot “automatically” tame resonances. I think soothe is more than just a dynamic eq.

A little goes a long way.

bp-app wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:13 pm I always found myself using it and I would love it at first, but later on in the mix remove it. I think it kind of 'weakens' sources in a confusing way.

Soothe is designed for moving, shifting resonances, as far as I understand it.

jamcat wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:17 pm Literally none of the best albums ever recorded used any of that stuff. So I doubt it's suddenly needed now.
Needed or nice to haves?! Is how I would frame it.
Historically resonances could be handled by hardware Var-mu compressors very very well but with less control. Makes Soothe a bargain.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual.
~A.Rand

Recently, I have used it for sidechaining instead of trackspacer because it is alot more precise. This feature makes it even more useful for me.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”