Flux::Audio updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

plexuss wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:33 pm Ok I see now. However on my system, after paying for the upgrade and authorizing in iLok I do not see 23.1 version plugins for all my plugins. I've been in contact with Flux about this.

I had exactly this problem; support said to download the latest downloader. I did and the later version are available to update to.

I find it a strange that the installer only sees versions up to x-level. I also complained that a 500MB installer program is a bit needlessly weighty, and they said they're planning a smaller version soon.

CinningBao wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:44 pm
plexuss wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:33 pm Ok I see now. However on my system, after paying for the upgrade and authorizing in iLok I do not see 23.1 version plugins for all my plugins. I've been in contact with Flux about this.

I had exactly this problem; support said to download the latest downloader. I did and the later version are available to update to.

I find it a strange that the installer only sees versions up to x-level. I also complained that a 500MB installer program is a bit needlessly weighty, and they said they're planning a smaller version soon.
I let Felix know that if having the latest Center is needed for the latest plugins then please warn the user if they launch an older version. It didn't help that with the older Center, it was still showing some 23.1 plugins which was a clue to me it was the correct Center version - it was not.

Digivolt wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:20 pm And the letters aren't blurred they seem more pixelated, looks like it doesn't actually resize with vectoring but instead just magnifies the original small scale UI, pretty lazy for a paid upgrade to be honest

Doesn't look great with those artifacts from being zoomed in so much
Exactly what happens here. I am surprised people consider that paying for this is OK, and that it is acceptable to present this as "resizing". It isn't OK for me, especially when many others just release (REAL) resizing GUI updates for free. And they are late in what concerns resizing by at least TWO years. I'm done with Flux.
Last edited by fmr on Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fernando (FMR)

CinningBao wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:44 pm I find it a strange that the installer only sees versions up to x-level. I also complained that a 500MB installer program is a bit needlessly weighty, and they said they're planning a smaller version soon.
:lol:

I complained about their plugins not resizing when I first bought Session Bundle, and they told me exactly the same thing. This was TWO YEARS ago. Now they released a (kind of) resizing version and asked for a payment.

God luck with their plans :hihi:
Last edited by fmr on Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:18 am
Digivolt wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:20 pm And the letters aren't blurred they seem more pixelated, looks like it doesn't actually resize with vectoring but instead just magnifies the original small scale UI, pretty lazy for a paid upgrade to be honest

Exactly what happens here. I am surprised people consider that paying for this is OK, and that it is acceptable to present this as "resizing". It isn't OK for me, especially when many others just release (REAL) resizing GUI updates for free. And they are late in what concerns resizing by at least TWO years. I'm done with Flux.
It doesn't look great for a paid upgrade for sure, not sure why they couldn't be bothered with a proper vector resize

Digivolt wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:54 pm
It doesn't look great for a paid upgrade for sure, not sure why they couldn't be bothered with a proper vector resize
It's good enough to make use of the tools. Before the update I couldn't use them, wouldn't use them. But now I can use them. That's worth $20 to me. Well, $40, because I also paid the $20 for the Verb update along with Sessions. For me it didnt make sense to upgrade to Ultimate.

I am going guess they didn't go full vector because of the effort involved - they would have to design their UI's from scratch, create all the vector assets, write a framework, implement, test, etc. That's a giant body of work and I don't blame them for not doing it and goign with a raster scaling. Works good enough. Frankly for these old products, I wouldn't have done a full vector redesign and leave that for new products. Maybe use the old product code in new products, launch a whole new updated product catalogue and depricate the old stuff. That may be something like their roadmap. There are many strategies that would dictate not putting that kind of effort in these old products for now.

plexuss wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:35 pm I am going guess they didn't go full vector because of the effort involved - they would have to design their UI's from scratch, create all the vector assets, write a framework, implement, test, etc. That's a giant body of work and I don't blame them for not doing it and goign with a raster scaling. Works good enough. Frankly for these old products, I wouldn't have done a full vector redesign and leave that for new products. Maybe use the old product code in new products, launch a whole new updated product catalogue and depricate the old stuff. That may be something like their roadmap. There are many strategies that would dictate not putting that kind of effort in these old products for now.
When they introduced the new GUI of Elixir they said that they would update the GUI of all their products. Maybe this is just the first step.
Yorgos Simeonidis

$9 to go from Evo EQ to the Evo bundle... that is a couple of bucks per additional plugin - amazing value!

I am hoping the new version of Bittersweet Pro solves my previous GUI issues. One of the dropdown menus dropped below FL Studio's VST 'wrapper' and got cut off, making some of the transient modes inaccessible. Support acknowledged the issue and said they were working on it. Weeks turned into months and I kinda gave up. But maybe it's because they were throwing the fix into a larger overall suite update. I'm installing now and will find out.

In heavy contemplation now about this crossgrade too. My offer is 79 bucks (have Ircam Studio).
Not a fan of extra eq's and compressors, but renew for each plug from Ircam to last version will costs more than half of this price (for 30 less).

Initially was hope to Syrah, but, I have been trying the demo intensively the last days, and honestly, I can not exactly understand this device. It seemed to me that it looks much more interesting than what it does. Thought it would be some brother of Sonnox Envolution (by look), but nope. It turned out sort of compressor, with some m\s and filtering features.
Also digged Solera, so with a swoop it seemed that third of the parameters do nothing lol, what was difficult to come to terms with, then, with more meaningful testing, managed to catch some interesting results, primarily with using built-in clipper (liked his character).
Also there is love for interesting gates (and there is hope to catch it here), but in the same time I already have so many of them that the topic seems to be exhausted.

In General, a difficult situation, considering that the old Ircams condition ok for me as well, reverb in particular. And no probs with UI size.

Maybe there good words or anyone who found something non obviously cool with any of ultimate bundle devices (Syrah particularly) ?

Digivolt wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:54 pm
fmr wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:18 am

I'm on 2560 x 1440 resolution. Surprised to find a lot of pixelation and JPG-y artifacts in these larger GUI sizes - it's clear that they just literally resized the smaller version.

The least they should do is create a master GUI at the highest resolution and DOWNscale for the smaller sizes, rather than the other way around (upscaling the low resolution version). The best they could do is go vector-based GUI which will futureproof them forever, resolution-agnostic.

It's weird but even Waves did the same thing - announcing resizable GUI's but they were just a blurry pixelated mess.

But my issue with the Bittersweet Pro dropdown menu disappearing is fixed anyway and was a free update (within 1 year of purchase) so I shouldn't complain too much. Blurry but I can use them.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:00 pm The least they should do is create a master GUI at the highest resolution and DOWNscale for the smaller sizes, rather than the other way around (upscaling the low resolution version).
^^^ THIS ^^^
Fernando (FMR)

I opened their Flux app to check out the updates, it just kept crashing.
So i downloaded the new Flux Centre, just keeps crashing.
Logged into my Flux account on their website, they're asking $9 to update the single plugin i own...
Thought f**k this, the old GUI is fine, opened it up and now... IT'S f**ked! The fonts are tiny!!
What is the go Flux? Ransom?
FLUXbittersweetpro.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Effects”