Your everyday VSTi

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Delay Lama OnePingOnly

DCrown wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:31 pm
BBFG# wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:26 pm Pianoteq.

There are some I also used regularly that I've shyed away from currently because of their parent company shenanigans in download manager schemes, licensing changes or support policies. Some I've just decided that their latest upgrades are nothing I need. A few of those I may end up dumping, but it's a wait and see thing for them now. Mentally compartmentalizing what can and can't be sold and what will probably just stop working because of OS updates. What I'm willing to put up with or not and if it fits in my next styles.

Pianoteq is my VSi for practice, play, and recording.

When I want to layer to that, it's been predominantly Zebra. And when I load up one on my bass pedals, I still mainly head for Alchemy 1pc. It's there that I'm trying other things in knowing that the Camel is officially abandoned.
So there it gravitates towards another u-He bottom end monster or Biotek2 for something granular in hopes it will lessen the pain for when the Camel demands its burial.

My first instrument and love is piano.
Most likely it will be the ever constant and last.
So again. It's really just Pianoteq.
What's your opinion on current upgrade of pianoteq? The sound has definitely changed, but sometimes I liked the former sound more
Started demoing it at v4. Liked it okay, but not enough to buy. Bought The cheapest package at v5 when it started to impress me and upgraded to the full pro studio bundle shortly after. The response I got from support in asking for a sale price not offered on that deal along with their regular upgrade price difference policy really grabbed me as a company I like dealing with. With each version, it's become better for me. I currently have v6, v7, V8 running side by side and not finding any preference towards v4 or v5. Can easily uninstall v6 and v7, just haven't got around to it. Still open other piano plugins, which have their sound I like as much for their differences as well. But Pianoteq is quickest, most responsive and most expressive and works on every machine and OS I have.

Every song has:

Maschine
Kontakt
Diva

Other go-to's when I'm looking for ideas:

Addictive Drums
Axon 2
ZeroBox
Model 84
MODO Bass
Virtual Bassist Dandy
EZkeys
Virtual Pianist
Addictive Keys

Excellent. Such a novel idea. List your fav synths. In a list 🤦‍♂️
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

MODO DRUM
Pianoteq
SWAM Violin/Viola/Cello

Everything I do uses at least one of the above.

I’ll use something from Arturia V Collection if I need a synth, most frequently Solina.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Spire
The Legend
Bazille
Waldorf PPG 2v
XLN AD2
XLN Akeys
Air Velvet

I could probably get by with Spire and AD2
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

ramseysounds wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:57 pm Excellent. Such a novel idea. List your fav synths. In a list 🤦‍♂️
Not favourite. Most used.
You need to open up all your songs and do a VSTi frequency count.

DCrown wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:35 pm
CrystalWizard wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:30 pm Make a list of your favorite synths! Great idea.
random.org
For when one of many will do.
Didn't know that EZ drummer is a synth.

Maybe learn to read.
It's not about someone's fav synth,
it's about the VSTi you use the most,
doesn't necessarily have to be your
fav software instrument.
You know synths only, I assume.

I don't get why some people post pure nonens not related at all to a topic.
If you don't like a topic, simply stay away.

Sometimes I wonder if average age
of KVR member is 13?!

Kindergarden!
No, just adults who act like babies because they would rather make a bitter point than resonate with their fellow musicians. It's a lack of maturity and can be a lack social intelligence. People with excessive anality as a personality trait.

I like excessive anality, and I cannot lie.

jamcat wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:00 pm
ramseysounds wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:57 pm Excellent. Such a novel idea. List your fav synths. In a list 🤦‍♂️
Yes, but even more, the one we play even when we don't record or otherwise devise our latest clever production!

I look at these KVR threads as thought experiments that challenge our process to focus. How the question is presented is where the true difference in them is.
Last edited by BBFG# on Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

currant leigh, imaginando visual synth.

BBFG# wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:08 pm
Yes, but even more, the one we play even when we don't record or otherwise devise our latest clever production!
In that case it’s hands down Pianoteq for me.

It’s the only VSTi I open up in standalone just to play for enjoyment. (I also do the same with AmpliTube, but obviously not a VSTi.)

Ok, since humanoids have managed to turn this into a serious new List - thread and my oblique strategies didnt achieve their presumed outcome.

- Dawesome Novum
- Imaginando FRMS
- Air Music LOOM II
- NI RAUM
- Arturia COLDFIRE
- TDR Slick EQ GE
- Overloud Comp LA

Added some VST too, with the purpose of generating even more excitement.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

jamcat wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:11 pm
BBFG# wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:08 pm
In that case it’s hands down Pianoteq for me.

It’s the only VSTi I open up in standalone just to play for enjoyment. (I also do the same with AmpliTube, but obviously not a VSTi.)
Along those same lines, in my NFR instrument and fx most opened and played are MusicLab guitars run through Blue Cat Axiom. But for the sake of ease, that's always done through a DAW. Otherwise, it fits the "play for the sake of just playing" as well.

BBFG# wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:08 pm Yes, but even more, the one we play even when we don't record or otherwise devise our latest clever production!
For me, that’s a guitar or real piano 100% of the time.

I'd like to add
that my choice
XLN AD2
and
Helix native
I use for
just jamming
and
recording,
as well.
I hope
this habit