Fabfilter Twin 3 --Released Feb. 7th

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Twin 3 Pro Expansion - Twin 3 Presets

The resizing is just stupid. It only resizes the whitespace and the graphs. The font and knobs stay the same!
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

liquidsound wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:08 amI got it for less than $50.
$50 is a much more enticing price. I assume you already own a lot of FF stuff? I can't see $20 off full price attracting too many new customers to the brand.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

wangeroge wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:55 pm The resizing is just stupid. It only resizes the whitespace and the graphs. The font and knobs stay the same!
If you adjust the scaling then everything is increased. Scaling is in the same little pop-up menu as where you pick Small, Medium, Large & Extra Large - it's at the very bottom of the list.

wangeroge wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:55 pm The resizing is just stupid. It only resizes the whitespace and the graphs. The font and knobs stay the same!
Have you also tried the rescaling? That changes the sizes of the bits and bobs. Resizing is useful for seeing more of the modulators without scrolling.

Does the paid version come with more presets than the 30 day trial?

BONES wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:02 pm
liquidsound wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:08 amI got it for less than $50.
$50 is a much more enticing price. I assume you already own a lot of FF stuff? I can't see $20 off full price attracting too many new customers to the brand.
I agree that at full price a would pass FF and get PP.

I own 6 plugins (including Twin2) so yes, the reason for the discount.
PP is like Pigment…. I can’t get to commit even though I could get them at their min price available… probably because so far I can do all I need with what I have.

I’m enjoying T3 a lot but it’s all personal and relative to a moment in time….
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Spin Boyz wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:38 pm Does the paid version come with more presets than the 30 day trial?
No.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

It doesn’t come with a lot of presets. It sucks for those of us who are not sound designers.

leaves room for other's to gouge on their preset libs lol
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

This synth has become part of my working set (4).
Pure sound quality. Love it!
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

cb8rwh wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:04 pm
If you adjust the scaling then everything is increased. Scaling is in the same little pop-up menu as where you pick Small, Medium, Large & Extra Large - it's at the very bottom of the list.
Thanks.

I think I found a bug. When the window is already large, the 250% and 300% options are greyed out. I have to make the window small, then scale to 300%. After that I can resize the window and the scale will stay at 300%. I'm on a 5K monitor by the way.
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

This synth is a beauty :love:

Someone spotted the fullscreen feature? :tu: :tu: :tu:
The average bored guy

Looks like the Fabfilter website is down..
MacPro 6,1 // Live 11 // Bitwig 4 // Reason 12 // Logic X // Soundtoys // U-he // FabFilter // Arturia // Vintage Hardware

jarnold wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:18 am Looks like the Fabfilter website is down..
maybe they are going to relaunch Twin3 with bug fixes and FM :D
Always Read the Manual!

liquidsound wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:41 am
SamDi wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:45 am
liquidsound wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:15 am Believe or not, I went for Twin 3 instead of Phase Plant (I know, I know… :hihi: ) I just love the 4 filters thing and the price deal!
It really sounds good and I’m happy to support FF.
Now… where is Dan Worrall?! :phones:
This was a big mistake! :D

The cool thing about PP is, that it offers not just the opportunity to get as wild and complex as you want, but also on the other side you can make plain simple patches, so it can be also incredible lean, much more than Twin for example. Only downside is that many things sound great, but some others, let‘s say there are better alternatives.
I love mistakes!
Especially when I’m right. :hihi:

Among all the synths I own, Serum is the one that made me change my mind about PP.

Like I said, with Bitwig and some great tools, (and Ableton/M4L) my plate is full and delicious.

Twin3 is great fun. Really.
I couldn't resist to demo it, and yes, I have to admit: it has something. Best USP (because I asked for it some posts before) would be the filter for me. To set a filter curve with 4 filters and then handle the whole curve with 2 knobs is really fun.

Unfortunately the 77€, which I had to pay, do not exceed my buying imulse treshold. Maybe I think about at next BF.

They should consider to make a full blown synth, with several (wavetable, granular, etc.) OSCs, full Fx derived from their plugins und updated modulation (MSEGs!!!).

Return to “Instruments”