Fabfilter Twin 3 --Released Feb. 7th

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Twin 3 Pro Expansion - Twin 3 Presets

simmo75 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:08 pm It’s mezzanine tier to me, not top tier, not second tier, it’s right there with U-he :)
u-he is not top tier?

Then who or what in your opinion is top tier?

Lbdunequest wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:31 pm Im not sure if this was mentioned. But considered how HQ this instrument sounds its very cpu efficient.
That's always appreciated for sure.

I view that as a mark of a great developer. When they can make great sounding plugins, without having to completely max out CPU resources.

MrJubbly wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:06 pm
simmo75 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:08 pm It’s mezzanine tier to me, not top tier, not second tier, it’s right there with U-he :)
u-he is not top tier?

Glitchmachines :?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

martiu wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:23 pm
MrJubbly wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:06 pm
u-he is not top tier?

Glitchmachines :?
LOL

that stuff never gets updates
dedication to flying

U-He isn’t top tier? Name a developer that has as many great plugins that are constantly showing up in professional projects?

Twin 3 is kind of like Filterscape, though. Which is one of the more imaginative synths out there, filter wise. I always wish Urs took it further. I think that Twin 3’s got first tier sound, but more importantly, it’s not the same ol’ filter section over and over again.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

It was a joke ladies, jeez. Top tier to me is hardware, none of this digital stuff comes close, in my opinion.
U-he are great, this also sounds great, as do the 2 UAD poly’s & Synapse Audio. All sound good.
Not actual analogue or even hardware FM digital good, but good ;)

You can get some really interesting rhythmic sounds going with this. The more I use it the more I like it. Great clean sound, it's different & I like that it's different, the novelty factor leads to interesting happenstance. When you hit the sweet spot it's fantastic.

Hopefully the update fixed the mod placements that's the one thing I find awkward, working the modulation section at the bottom.

It's a nice sounding instrument with some interesting multiple filter options...but ultimately I just found it didn't do very much and was a bit too basic- just a few waveforms and the filters... I just expect a bit more nowadays for £130.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

plexuss wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:34 pm
Jac459 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:15 pm Still, it shows that the twin 3 is a top premium substractive synthesis synth. On par with diva or Serum in term of sound.
Not in my opinion. Twin 3 is 2nd tier to me.
Well I find it normal that we all have different tastes... And it is true that twin 3 has limited features.
But I have falcon, Pigments, Avenger, phase plant, reason rack with tons of RE, legend, obsession, spire, serum, fm8 and the ones I forget ... For me twin 3 is tier one... just because if I want to shape sound, it is my best.

Jac459 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:15 pm Still, it shows that the twin 3 is a top premium substractive synthesis synth. On par with diva or Serum in term of sound.
No per oscillator unison, no FM, no Wavetable, no Comb filter, no Reverb filter, fixed FX routing. Twin 3 is nothing like Serum.

2 Serum can get close to what one Twin 3 can do but same cannot be said for two or four Twin 3.
Jac459 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:13 pm For me twin 3 is tier one...
Most people say similar things for every new plugin. :ud:

a9k1tp wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:42 pm
No per oscillator unison, no FM, no Wavetable, no Comb filter, no Reverb filter, fixed FX routing. Twin 3 is nothing like Serum.

2 Serum can get close to what one Twin 3 can do but same cannot be said for two or four Twin 3.
Jac459 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:13 pm For me twin 3 is tier one...
Most people say similar things for every new plugin. :ud:
Well if it was a feature fight, VPS Avenger and Falcon would eat alive Serum. But it is not. It is also workflow and character. Twin 3 shine also there.

Most people say similar things for every new plugin. ==> are you sure? Lol...

If you want something stripped down with good filters I can see how it may appeal.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Interestingly in my opinion the pre-sets in 'best of Twin 2' are much better than the new pre-sets which really don't do much for me...

hi, fapfilter one best synth
aliasing plugin owner
:?

martiu wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:40 pm hi, fapfilter one best synth
Slow down on the ganga there bud.

Return to “Instruments”