Auto-Tune inventor Dr. Andy Hildebrand wins Grammy and celebrates with limited time promo price

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You may disagree with anything - you may even agree to two plus equalling four; you may also disagree with the earth rotating around its own axis - that's always your own choice. ;-)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Btw. - interesting read here (certainly autotune-free in its entirety):

http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/iv/jeinterview.htm
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

You may agree that it is actually Free Will!
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

There is a Tiktok account with only "autotune-free" performance and half of things to listen there actually have pitch correction. And nobody in the comments object to the massive compressors and reverbs on the same voices but will praise the supposed lack of Autotune.
Last edited by Guillaume Piolat on Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Checkout our VST3/VST2/AU/AAX/LV2:
Inner Pitch | Lens | Couture | Panagement | Graillon

Should be an alternative Razzie like ‘award’ for crimes against music

aMUSEd wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:53 pm Should be an alternative Razzie like ‘award’ for crimes against music
i nominate the feller from omd.
he spawned atomic kitten.

as to the state of modern music, it's shit, and it's also awesome.
same as ever.

im just too flicking old to give a flick.

watching the days go buy, looking somewhere someone's eyes out of a thread about something, which isn't something without who knows, why i polished my voice with a toothbrush and sounded like Satchmo on ice. fluorescent bubbles blown out into space crap. no denial.
"It dreamed itself along"

anyway, you're all way off.
elvis killed music.
before him, the song was all.
after him, everyone had to look good and wiggle their arse.
and then we end up with the cheeky girls. see! you did this elvis!!

I did a lot of things...

wiggling my arse isn't one of them.

jens wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:35 pm I did a lot of things...

wiggling my arse isn't one of them.
which is why you are not on top of the pops.
sad state of the music industry right there!!

I remember trying one of the first iterations of Autotune. It was awful.
Crime against music and musicians? I think so. Good for studios that want to cut down on expense.
Learn to sing and tune yer instruments, ffs.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:46 pm
Crime against music
https://youtu.be/HasaQvHCv4w

Learn to sing and tune yer instruments, ffs.
Fack you grandad. :hihi:

Not personally keen on the 'extreme' use of pitch correction meself, but t's fine for tightening vocals up a bit and sorting out the odd 'over-enthusiastic' croon, especially if you're lazy like me and detest doing more than one take. If there's a part that's beyond salvaging, then cut that line out - works every time. :scared:

vurt wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:13 pm
Crime against music
https://youtu.be/HasaQvHCv4w
I've spent 38 years trying to forget that. THANKS A LOT! :x :evil: :smack:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Effects”