HALion 7

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HALion 7 HALion Sonic 7

Tomorrow will be launch day for HALion 7. Here's what's new:

• FM Zone - developed with Yamaha: Freely combine up to eight operators, use them as carriers or send them to feedback loops. Including an Algorithm Finder, an Algorithm Designer and SYX file import.
• Spectral Zone: the new spectral oscillator features a new in-house developed time-stretch and resynthesis algorithm. It allows to change playback speed in real time without affecting the pitch, but it can also transform samples into completely new sounds.
• FM Lab: A full-blown eight operator FM synthesizer with hundreds of cutting-edge presets.
• Tales: A beautifully sampled guitar. Guitar strings were individually sampled as open notes and thentuned to a different pitch, giving each one a very pure and intimate sound additionally layered with acoustic and synthesized textures.
• Modulation reimagined: Shape, tweak and animate your sounds more easily than ever with HALion’s new modulation concept.
• New Shaper Envelope: The User Envelope now has brush, pen and eraser tools for intuitively drawing and customizing envelopes.
• A fresh new look and feel: Updated interface, a redesigned MediaBay and search plus tons of workflow improvements.
• Advanced wavetable synthesis for multichannel files with up to 5.1 surround and spectral filters
• Additional new features: 10 new effects, Decompose, X-LFO, Chord export from Trigger Pads, impulse response import and the new Oscilloscope
• New tools for designing instruments like SVG resources which can be animated by Lua, color options
and more…

Together with the launch of HALion 7, Steinberg will also launch Absolute 6. This includes:

• HALion 7
• Backbone
• Groove Agent 5 (including Prime Cuts,Future Past Perfect, Rock Essentials)
• Retrologue 2 (including Sounds of Soul)
• Padshop 2 (including Polarities, Zero Gravity and Granular Guitars)
• The Grand 3
Last edited by fmr on Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fernando (FMR)

I've been waiting to activate Absolute 5 in hopes this would drop. :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Source?

pierb wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:11 amSource?
Right now there is no official source (yet), but the wait is almost over anyway. Steinberg website will only be updated tomorrow.

My source is absolutely reliable. :wink:
Last edited by fmr on Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Wonder what the upgrade price will be

It doesn't make sense that Absolute 6 only contains HALion 7 (as a new item).

BJ wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:37 am Wonder what the upgrade price will be
I hope it's not too much considering it also comes with bug fixes (I hope) and Apple Silicon support which those of us on H6 will never get

Any info on grace period for those who recently registered a Gallon 6 license?

AcidMoon wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:46 am It doesn't make sense that Absolute 6 only contains HALion 7 (as a new item).
Looks quite shallow doesn't it, I guess it depends how good the FM and that new Guitar instrument is. Interface redesign, libraries moving away from the dongle.

I dunno, £85 is the current update from v4 to v5 - doesn't seem all that bad really as it's the same cost if you updated from H5 to H6.

But I'd jump on it if there was some introductory pricing tomorrow for sure - presuming all this is true, of course.

Sounds very interesting... That explains why Halion 6 isn't yet on the new licensing system. No need to move my eLicenser version to the dongle... I guess Version 6 will never be moved to the new system...
This will be the better version of a software SY-99 or FS1R. I hope they have at least DX7 like envelopes...

Yamaha R&D will be integrated with three different FM modes: DX7 and FM-X Montage mode, alongside the HALion FM mode.

Was hoping they'd add some mpe stuff, given that they already do their own per voice expression, but it doesn't play nice in other daws.

RikkShow wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:37 am Any info on grace period for those who recently registered a Gallon 6 license?
The grace period counts from November 1st 2022.
Fernando (FMR)

tripleflows wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:21 am Yamaha R&D will be integrated with three different FM modes: DX7 and FM-X Montage mode, alongside the HALion FM mode.
This will be the key feature, IMO. :)
Last edited by fmr on Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

tripleflows wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:21 am Yamaha R&D will be integrated with three different FM modes: DX7 and FM-X Montage mode, alongside the HALion FM mode.

Glad to hear. TX816 multi layered patches as in the Montage?

Return to “Instruments”