Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps (cover)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

edited to fix the link.

original mix: https://archive.org/download/theydlyou/ ... %20You.mp3

alt version: https://archive.org/download/they-dont- ... 20Alt1.mp3

The alt version has lower vocals, a bit cleaner mix, and minor compositional changes.
Last edited by Genetic_Junk on Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hi G_J,
Very original, and so melodic!
I am digging this vocal recording and fine instrumentation.
Your musicality is so loved!!!
With respect,
Rene

Rene Asologuitar wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:02 am Hi G_J,
Very original, and so melodic!
I am digging this vocal recording and fine instrumentation.
Your musicality is so loved!!!
With respect,
Rene
Thank you Rene :)

Nice! Great to hear a real band. Well played and I like the rough Sound it has

Nice work on the cover. The vocals are bit too loud, but nice job layering the vocals and it’s hard song to mix but you did a good job spacing things. I had to back to the original afterwards and you did a great job capturing it.

simonhans73 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:37 pm Nice! Great to hear a real band. Well played and I like the rough Sound it has
Thanks very much. The original sounds pretty saturated to me so I tried to replicate that.

elxsound wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:53 pm Nice work on the cover. The vocals are bit too loud, but nice job layering the vocals and it’s hard song to mix but you did a good job spacing things. I had to back to the original afterwards and you did a great job capturing it.
Thanks. I thought the vocals might be too loud but wasn't positive. I uploaded a new mix with the vocals turned down. Although I may have gone too far again. :lol:

Enjoyable version.
Good job overall. Nice mix and sounds.

markkuja wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:06 pm Enjoyable version.
Good job overall. Nice mix and sounds.
Thanks for commenting. Glad you enjoyed.

Genetic_Junk,
I like me some Yeah Yeah Yeah songs. Original mix (I like it better overall than the alt version): this actually gave me some goose-bumps (a very good sign). Is there some sort of fuzz on the electric bass? Or how did you get that sound? Sounds really good for a cover tune. Are there female vocals on this, or you can sing high?
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:25 am Genetic_Junk,
I like me some Yeah Yeah Yeah songs. Original mix (I like it better overall than the alt version): this actually gave me some goose-bumps (a very good sign). Is there some sort of fuzz on the electric bass? Or how did you get that sound? Sounds really good for a cover tune. Are there female vocals on this, or you can sing high?
Thanks for listening and for the questions. :)

When I listened to the original, I really didn't hear a distinct electric bass. So, I didn't use an electric bass on this one. I used a fuzz on the electric guitar riff (around 2:00 and 3:00). It was the new fuzz added with the recent update to Native Instruments Guitar Rig. No female vocals on this one. On some parts I sing high in my falsetto range (not quite in tune) and some parts the Arturia Vocoder is mixed with the dry vocal.

although i think that the second mix is in some parts "smoother/softer", i miss the clean, high voice of the first. so overall the first version is my favorite.
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

I'm with tomtom1 in that I prefer the original mix. I think the track benefits from the more upfront vocal presence. I think the overall sound of the alt-mix is "tamer" than the original, although the final piano at 3:17 on the remix was a nice addition.

Good work :)

tomtom1 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:17 am although i think that the second mix is in some parts "smoother/softer", i miss the clean, high voice of the first. so overall the first version is my favorite.
Thanks for listening and commenting. :)

seismic1 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:59 am I'm with tomtom1 in that I prefer the original mix. I think the track benefits from the more upfront vocal presence. I think the overall sound of the alt-mix is "tamer" than the original, although the final piano at 3:17 on the remix was a nice addition.

Good work :)
Thanks for listening and commenting. The instrumental portions are pretty simple, so I'd agree vocal presence is pretty important here. I may have lowered the vocals a bit too much on the alt version.

Return to “Music Cafe”