Why do these guys not answer inquiries: RE NKS Support

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My name is Jason and some of you may know me as "jestermgee" from Freelancesoundlabs.com

If you do then you know what I do. I have had an inquiry from a usergroup of blind musicians that are keen to see NKS compatibility for this line of products, I get many inquiries and follow every single one up.

Now I sent several inquiries and follow ups to this company just asking about this, if it is planned or if I may be of assistance and I am always simply looking for any feedback or cooperation so I can inform the users who ask me. Not sure if they know how much it would open up their products to a new userbase but should it be the deciding reason to answer a query.

Sadly all my queries have been ignored and I have not received any feedback. I have informed these users that I will not be looking to add NKS support as the company is not interested to answer my queries. Feedback from the user who queried also echoes this that they too have not had any response.

Needless to say, if a company cannot answer customer queries it is not one I want to spend my time adding support for so I would suggest these guys answer messages (that were sent weeks ago) as I have to now offer alternate suggestions I have NKS support for and I cannot recommend looking into these products simply because the support appears to be lacking or not interested.

If you are interested to see NKS support, just add a note here. I will consider it if they get back to me but have many other libraries to crack on with.

Hi Jason,

I will simply defend my company here, because posting these kinds of topics with titles like these is just a bad way to do business.
You run your company (and make money off of making NKS), we run ours. NKS is not a priority to us, we have a lot of work to do on different topics/libraries/company stuff and we handle feature requests as they arrive by priority. You were not at all reporting a bug or anything to which, and you can check around in forums, we answer rather quickly.

You have been emailing us with a quite arrogant tone almost requesting NFRs of all of our products and we don't even get the NKS to distribute to our users, you get to sell it. If we were getting the NKS to distribute, that would be a different story, but what's in it for us? We just give you our work for free and you make money?
If it works with other companies, then good for you, but it will not work with us.

Also, i just checked our ticket history, every single ticket (only 3 in the last 6 years) asking about NKS support has been answered, except yours that were not asked very nicely.

thysm00 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:53 am You were not at all reporting a bug or anything to which, and you can check around in forums, we answer rather quickly.
Not exactly true, is it? You've never replied to these people, even though the problem persisted viewtopic.php?p=8547434#p8547434

It's possible that you may not had a ready solution for them, but you didn't even care enough to provide any sort of reply. "We'll try to investigate, we'll look into this, we'll try to help" or something like that at least. Kind of ignorant.

I'm on PT and Cubase myself and these messages caught my attention. I was thinking of getting a couple of things, but not since I read the support doesn't reply for months and the last response was there is no issue on our end. "We investigated ourselves and found no wrongs with our wrongdoing" is never a believable story, you know. Usually, the government says this after their mess ups. You know, politicians, the most credible people on Earth :hihi:

In the thread you pointed to, i provided 3 different answers and fixes that actually worked (just read Dandulin's answer), the others just did not follow up. Btw, none of these questions are related to the same issue, some were stuff that we needed to fix, some were a problem with cantabile, some were user issues with malfunctioning keyboards sending wrong MIDI data.

The last guy just said that Nicolas was super nice, doesn't this mean that we answered? He was probably not happy with the answer or again did not follow up on this thread, but this is not what i call not responding to users.
The first three questions for this thread were answered on the same day or the day after and with solutions. Each time there was no follow up answer from the person that asked the question for a while which means it fixed the problem or that there was a follow up in our direct ticket system.

Dude, you are straight out lying to my face now. I did not link the whole thread, I gave you the direct link to the last three messages specifically, that were left not responded to, not in the thread itself, not in support ticket either >> "The company/Nicholas has not responded to my last two emails from over a month ago. I think they just know it's broken and they are not doing anything about it. Sucks!".

So what if you responded once and "were nice"? That means nothing. You did not solve those people's issues and ignored the customer when he followed up with more messages asking for help, telling you that suggested UVI Workstation version update and other tips didn't work and didn't fix anything. You basically told him there is no problem, good-bye. And you even have the nerve to tell me "they didn't follow up".

That you call help and good customer support? OK, then, you'll get no money from me, I've made up my mind on how you guys roll. I don't care how good your products are, you CS just sucks. You leave customers on their own, pretending the issues don't exist and ignoring requests for help. That's just a big no-no and I never deal with companies who do shit like that.

Your link goes to the whole thread and scrolls the page down a little, i did not know you talked only about the last three messages.
I was just saying that maybe they did not follow up here on this forum which is very often the case and that maybe you don't know the whole story since you don't have access to our customer support system. I wasn't lying to your face at all.

Btw i just checked in our ticket history and found the thread, there are 24 exchanges with this customer, a lot of which were very technical information about the tonegenerators tension measurements. We even started incorporating some of his own measurements in the B5 plugin and that made him very happy.
The pro tools problem happened 8 months after those first exchanges and here are the last three messages:
1- we ask him for his system specs, os version, etc
2- He writes back a month later saying he did not get any news from us and without giving us his computer specs but saying he found a solution by lowering the buffer size.
3- We ask again for his computer specs
-> Then we have no answer, so we guessed it was resolved.

I can forward you the whole conversation in a PM if you'd like, btw the issue seemed to be that pro tools sometimes wasn't sending MIDI Data to the instrument track at all (he sent us a video). This only happened on this user's computer, was entirely different from the other users issue in the thread you linked and we never could reproduce that which is what we said to him while still asking for more info to try and fix the issue.

So i don't know how you can that bad CS... but maybe i just should not try to defend myself, it's just a bit hard not to react as threads like this one are pretty bad publicity when we in fact tried our best to help this user out, and he just did not post anything about a resolution on this forum.

I will simply defend my company here, because posting these kinds of topics with titles like these is just a bad way to do business.

Wuld like to point out that not replying to inquiries is also a bad way to do business.

I INQUIRED about NFR because TBH your plugins are rather costly for me to invest in just to make NKS support and I simply try assist blind users to access instruments. You could have simply responded to me via email but to say I am being arrogant because I inquired is a little low to be honest, by all means please post the message I sent so we can all see what tone I approached you with.

Look, no stress. I have zero interest in your products other than to help out the users that asked me and since this is how you reply to users that is all I need, it is a waste of my time and I have already suggested these users look at other products if they need NKS and have given them a list that are supported. I have also not been asked about your products until I received one inquiry which is why I did not want to waste time investing in something that is obviously not very popular to begin with so we will just forget this and move on, any further inquiries I get I will simply advise it is not something that will ever happen.

This is honestly a first for this kind of reply from a developer, have met some great people over the years, shame this is not one of those occasions

To me it seems very unprofessional for a business to be attacking another business out in the open like this...
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Kongru wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:21 am To me it seems very unprofessional for a business to be attacking another business out in the open like this...
Not sure if it was aimed at me but I was not attacking the company, my OP is just asking why it is they dont respond to inquiries and had they bothered to respond I would have had zero reason to even come and post if they bothered to answer. I had people asking me

Anyway, it's clear NKS is not needed or wanted by users or the developers for this line of products so will simply leave it there.

You might have had a point if this "I'm just helping the blind people out there" NKS affair would be charitable and free. But it's not. You're feeding off it, you're charging money for "just helping the blind man out there" stint.

And that's quite fair enough and perfectly alright until the part when this Acousticsamples dude says you wouldn't give them the ready NKS for them to update their products with it. And that's where it ends. That's no deal.

You want to make a deal, you approach people, you ask for multiple NFR for free, they ask you what's in it for them, you basically tell 'em to go eff themselves, I want the whole cake just for myself.

I don't know from what planet you're from, but on this planet shit like that doesn't work unless the guy you're dealing with is stupid. Well, this guy tells you he's not stupid and your tricks don't work on him. End of story.

Don't come whining to KVR, you don't have a case. And quit with the fake "Robin Hood, the people's helper" shit. You're just as much a capitalist as this Acousticsamples dude, and, apparently, you have found each other.

Well without the whole story you kind of have no idea.

So here goes. I asked on behalf of an inquiry I had from a group of visually impaired users if they are considering NKS or would like NKS added for a SINGLE instrument that they asked about and possibly the range if they wanted. I like to actually get back to the people that ask me with some info so I was dissapointed they could not even be bothered to answer.

I simply stated that while I try assist where I can I cannot invest in every instrument out there just to make NKS and if they would like to assit me with NFR license I can generate the NKS files and offer these.

Yes I charge a small fee from users for this because although a NFR is nice, it does not cover the time I invest to make the compatibility, nor does it cover the website costs, hardware needed, time spent on support and updating, answering peoples questions and the whole range of stuff that goes along with it. If they wanted the actual work done I can charge an hourly fee and they can pay this then take over the support like I have done in the past. I cannot pay bills with NFR especially since it adds some value for people to look into products closer if they have NKS, especially so for blind users, so there is also free advertising to a large community of users looking for all of this.

So to end this whole thing, I simply asked and they could have done the decent thing and said "thanks, but no thanks" and that would be the end of that, at least I would have an answer and so would the usergroup who asked me to look into it!.

There are dozens of companies I work with that have no issue in this area and offer me a lot of actual support, plenty that have said no thanks too. So while I respect your input here defending what needs no defense, it adds nothing to the actual conversation and from a perspective of little understanding of the situation. Think I will end this here since the user group involved has already been advised and I have moved on too.

Juts made a note not to buy anything from either of your businesses. You are both incredibly rude and clearly don’t know how to run a business.

Your loss (in case of AS) but on the other hand I couldn't care less what plugins you are buying

Return to “AcousticsampleS”