Retro/Synthwave - Guitar Sax and Synths

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone - took a little break for work, but back to my same formula. I've worked in a lot of the advice I've gotten here over the past year, I hope some things have improved. I appreciated any feedback of all kinds. Working on my mixes and balances, and getting emotions to carry through the music. Thank you for your time - it's the most valuable thing you've got.

Reaper - Diva and Repro, some free drum machines, some EQs, and the Brainworx BlackBox for color.

https://soundcloud.com/user-184052760-3 ... -side-eyed

Great vibe! I love how you got the sounds of the guitar and sax to sit so well with the synths, that can be challenging. You can gain some overall volume if you reduce the level of the bass.

Thanks Uncle E - love your store.

Great tip! Thank you very much!

Good one vstdls. Lovely flow and nicely melodic.
I like the ending as it drifts off.
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Nice retro vibe, like the soaring guitars.
Diva is my favouite synth I don't own. One of these days I'll buy it.

Truly nice vibe, love the guitar!!!
Synths galore, simply lovely!!!
I am enjoying this recording.

Thank you Rene and Allomerus for the listens and words. I always appreciate it

It has a very thick sound and deep dreamy atmosphere. Great sounding synths! I feel there is a lot of work put into creating this arrangement.

In terms of mixing, the high-mid range (2-5k) needs to be tamed a little bit. There also seems to be too much reverb/echoes on individual tracks that muddies the mix.

It's a bit shame that melodies doesn't evolve into fully featured solos. I expected to hear a sax solo for example (I could imagine it would perfectly fit to the context), but it mostly plays in the background...
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

This sounds great. Love the big wide sound. Like the writing as well.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

VCA-089 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:31 pm It has a very thick sound and deep dreamy atmosphere. Great sounding synths! I feel there is a lot of work put into creating this arrangement.

In terms of mixing, the high-mid range (2-5k) needs to be tamed a little bit. There also seems to be too much reverb/echoes on individual tracks that muddies the mix.

It's a bit shame that melodies doesn't evolve into fully featured solos. I expected to hear a sax solo for example (I could imagine it would perfectly fit to the context), but it mostly plays in the background...
Perfect, thanks - I've worked through both your suggestions. Some dynamic EQ on the 2-5K (you're right) and fleshed out the sax. Someday I hope to release it finished. I appreciate it.

Return to “Music Cafe”