Improvement Wishes [Add Yours]

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any plans of doing a "mini" Receptor in a 1 space rack?

NDEE

- maybe off-topic if already the case but, Is it possible to use the audio in/out as send/return connexions for an external effect unit ?

i'm gonna have a closer look at the user manual, i guess...

what about this one here... just think 2 steps further and maybe you'll get the same insane idea like me :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk2Rs2mkjWM

Robert Karasek wrote:what about this one here... just think 2 steps further and maybe you'll get the same insane idea like me :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk2Rs2mkjWM
rather interesting...

Simply put, this is one of the most useful pieces of gear I've ever owned... both live and in the studio. With that said however, here's a couple of things that would be neat to see:

#1. Tempo should be a bank-wide setting instead of global. This is *especially* important in a live scenario.

#2. It be great if the receptor could automount a USB drive and have it recognized in Wine, either for samples, or for CD based plugin authorization.

#3. Patch changes seemingly can only be directed toward a source (to change patches) or to the receptor itself (to change banks). I personally can see a need for there to be both - especially during a performance, whereby you might want the receptor to optionally be assigned it's own midi channel (like maybe ch 16) for bank program changes, and still allow for source level program changes on the remaining 15 midi channels. If the user didn't require bank patch changes, than they could use all 16 for source level program changes (as it it now).

Thanks,
Bryan J

I'd like to add another voice for some volume metering on the channels in the MIX window. So many times i've had the FOH engineer ask me in soundcheck to bring somehting up 3db, take something down 6db etc and i really am just guessing when i make adjustments and he looks at me thinking, "this knob cant count - has he never seen a fader on a mixing desk before?". Pretty please??

Cheers,
James

RACK EARS!!!! I know its been said before but nothing changes - bought my rev C in June 07 and have had to spend too much money, too much time and too much stress making it even slightly roadworthy. Poor planning and poor craftsmanship.

Thats my big rant over. Other than that, better midi mapping would be nice,

I'd like to use both USB and midi at the same time. (As a matter of fact I'd like to use USB at all - none of my keyboards have ever worked and as there's no drivers...)

Another set of outputs would be nice - I use the left and right separately So I have to pan different plugs hard L and R.

Cheers

Harry

hi...my question is about multi-cores...i was considering the sager NP9260 - V when i read that quad-core laptops will start to appear at the end of this year. (would hate to spend $3K+ and then find i had an obsolete machine.) this, then, begs the question of when will they appear in some version of receptor?

and, if its not a trade secret, how would you harness multiple cores? you will, of course, implement some way to evenly distribute the plug load across the cores; but would this be fixed in the os or customizable? with receptor's size constraints, would it be possible to have dual quad-cores :?:

keep up to good work! :D
overthrow KRAPITALISM ! you have nothing to lose but your claims.

aaastronomer wrote:hi...my question is about multi-cores...i was considering the sager NP9260 - V when i read that quad-core laptops will start to appear at the end of this year. (would hate to spend $3K+ and then find i had an obsolete machine.) this, then, begs the question of when will they appear in some version of receptor?

and, if its not a trade secret, how would you harness multiple cores? you will, of course, implement some way to evenly distribute the plug load across the cores; but would this be fixed in the os or customizable? with receptor's size constraints, would it be possible to have dual quad-cores :?:

keep up to good work! :D
ditto, I would like to see this as well, one would thinks that could implement this as
ch 1; core1 ,ch 2; core2 ,ch 3; core3 ,ch 4; core4 ,ch 5; core1 ,ch 6; core2 etc in that fashion
but that would take alot of rewriting of the receptor OS code(assuming)

plus, I would like to see support for up to 8GB of ram. and at least a two HDD RAID config

this would require redesigning the chassis of the receptor moderately, but thats to big of a change for a upgrade

so, this is MY wish list:

1) midi plugins/ midi routing
- by far my most needed improvement
- would allow use of arppegiators, etc
2) Tap tempo and transmission of midi time from OUT
- otherwise my plan is to buy a ploytec 34one box
3) MIDI monitor
- see exactly what controller sends
4) ability to group and categorize plugins
5) XLR outs

Krakatau wrote:- maybe off-topic if already the case but, Is it possible to use the audio in/out as send/return connexions for an external effect unit ?

i'm gonna have a closer look at the user manual, i guess...
Sorry for the lack of coherence of my approach, in this thread below you may figure out clearly what i meant :

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=188578

This purely though as in a home-studio configuration actually...

...just wanted to put that up again :D
global features - maybe in the midi-filter-window
(next to vel-switch, key-zones and transpose)
Robert Karasek wrote:1. pitchbend-range

pitchbend-range

2. being able to choose between yes/no for these functions (for EACH channel/instrument 1-16 - that would be a nice and helpful feature, especially for live usage)::

enable (sustain) pedal
enable pitch bend
enable aftertouch
enable program change
enbale control change

.. maybe that'S possible...
would be really handy - at least for me ;)

A break out box where by you could send each instrument to a separate channel strip on an external mixer. A bit like the Akai S series samplers. This would allow for more control in a live environment.
Never pick up the flag

With regards to multicores here is a thread that discusses why that probably won't happen soon.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3&start=15

J

It would be great if you could assign midi controllers within receptor using the remote control, kind of like a built-in midi patchbay.

for example, i only have a couple of faders on my controller keyboard, but i want to assign them to the levels of instruments in mixer channel 7 or 8.
harry B wrote:RACK EARS!!!! I know its been said before but nothing changes - bought my rev C in June 07 and have had to spend too much money, too much time and too much stress making it even slightly roadworthy. Poor planning and poor craftsmanship.
i've got to agree with this - my komplete inside keeps trying to escape from its screw-in rack ears

Return to “Muse Research and Development”