New (and free) synth: Essence

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://ronan-fed.rf.gd/EssencePlus.html

The presets are mostly forgettable retro/EDM garbage, but I think this has one of the better UIs I've seen on a synth, or any plugin, and it's very full-featured.

Crazy the free tools available nowadays. The 303 on that site's not bad for free.

Ronan Fed - unbelievable good plugins - and its free. The chord funktion!
But i dont find the donation button?

Ronan's plugins are gems, and I'm glad he reconsidered being driven away by the trolls.

Sounds (and looks) excellent :tu:

Last edited by rubez on Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

COol.. I must check this one out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHcXVEL4yGk

Wow that first Lange tune, spot on for the most part :D

Takes me back.

Really nice synth, thanks!

Ronan Fed's entire website is free....downloaded Pnuema and the drum machine VST as well....great tools to tinker with and some very usable sounds! I am mystified as to why everything is free?

Kross2 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:34 pm I am mystified as to why everything is free?
he has a successful business with some guys from Columbia,cartel import export thing, he said - i make lots of money taxes free so no need to pay for plugin
Last edited by martiu on Fri May 26, 2023 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Site blocked by Malwarebytes due to "riskware". False positive probably.

Discovered this one myself a few days ago. Definitely a nice one.
But while we're at it, anyone else having problems with Essence crashing the DAW (Bitwig in my case), when moving the filter knob?

SynapT!c wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:10 pm Discovered this one myself a few days ago. Definitely a nice one.
But while we're at it, anyone else having problems with Essence crashing the DAW (Bitwig in my case), when moving the filter knob?
This is extremely odd(as I thought BitWig was supposed to be crash-proof?) I use Reason 10 and it operates just fine...I have absolutely no issues with Ronan Fed's VST's. Which type are you using...VST2...or VST3?
I've been using only VST2(as Reason 10 only supports this type.) I'm assuming you are using VST3? If so...try VST2(these VST's are very CPU-friendly....so VST3 is unnecessary.)

SynapT!c wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:10 pm Discovered this one myself a few days ago. Definitely a nice one.
Hi! Just tested with the latest Bitwig 5 beta (version 8 ) and not crashing.

Could be a hardware issue. What CPU are you running it on? On my old CPU (Phenom II x4, no AVX, no SSE4.2, etc...) all RF plugin would crash Reaper without prompt, when turning on the inbuilt reverb. That's why I stopped testing them....

Return to “Instruments”