GREEN OAK!! Releases 2 New Effects *FREE*

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jens wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:07 pm He just asked a question FFS. Can you please stop (derailing the thread by) attacking the guy for 100% nomal posts!? How old are you?

Besides, he absolutely has a point with his later reply that it is a bit of a pain in the arse to have to manually copy the presets over from the .zip - because it clearly is. And he made no stink about it at all, he merely stated it.
You do not know what "macPOS" means or you're being obtuse. Either way, you have no point at all, Bones clearly started the BS, you're adding to it by being ignorant willfully or not.

What means macPOS?

Oh, I just read MacOS... I guess my brain automatically filtered it as a typo..
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Jac459 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:03 pm What means macPOS?
It's a joke. MacOS would be "Mac operating system" right? POS is a common English term for "Piece of Sh*t". So MacPOS = Mac Piece of Sh*t.

jens wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:07 pmit is a bit of a pain in the arse to have to manually copy the presets over from the .zip
No, not for Mac who installs presets automatically so you only need to navigate to the usual Plugins/ Presets folder.
= Piece of Cake!
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

MacPOC = Mac Piece of Cake :shrug:
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

So how do these sound?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Deleted...I decided I should have more class than to derail a thread about Glenn's great plugins.

v1o wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:17 pm So how do these sound?
Both sounds great. The chorus in particular I’m quite fond of. It can be thick and lush or bright and classy.

Anyway - I tried out Cesium & Tungsten properly last night. Definitely a load of character in Tungsten and to me it'll be used more as a special FX than a delay as such. I love the smearing effect - sounds quite different to the diffusion in, say, Valhalla. And it's capable of some serious delay filter resonance too - good for dub.

I only really used Cesium as a send, so I think I need to play with it more as an insert for it to be more effective. Liking the flangeness of it though...

kritikon wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:08 amStop being a twat Bones, that was a deliberate dig. You know as well as me that plenty of Win plugins have installers.
In fact, if you paid attention, you'd notice that it is Mac software that more often don't have installers. macPOS doesn't have a registry, so it's easier to just copy things the into the folder they belong in. Hence my surprise that it was the Windows version that didn't have an installer, when I'd have assumed neither did. So pardon me for noticing something slightly outside the norm.

Remember, too, that a thread doesn't get derailed if you don't jump all over a post and derail it. I made a simple observation, you were the guy who actually derailed the thread.
jens wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:05 pmYes, tbh I couldn't even be bothered...
Good move, they don't show up in Studio One anyway. And it's not like the effects are hard to work out without them.
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:26 pmDid you try the rescan or scan for new presets option in Studio One? I forget what exactly it's called. Just mentioning it as a troubleshooting step.
It seems to be a thing with VST3 plugins in Studio One. I have exactly the same problem with Olga - the VST 2.4 version shows the presets but the VST3 version doesn't. (Olga doesn't have its own preset management system.)

Like everyone else, I am really impressed with how good these effects are. Amazing quality, both in terms of sound and interface/workflow, and CPU use is almost nothing - as in 1%, maximum, on my Core i5. That they are free makes them all the more incredible.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:53 pm In fact, if you paid attention, you'd notice that it is Mac software that more often don't have installers.
Macs just more often don't have uninstallers. :x

BONES wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:53 pm Good move, they don't show up in Studio One anyway.
I'm not seeing presets here either. Maybe that's why the installers try to railroad you into installing the AU versions. :shrug:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

BojanKerkez wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:45 am ... presets aren't recognised when copied to Documents\VST3 Presets\Green Oak Software\Cesium (or Tungsten) folder, but they can be easily and all at once imported by clicking on the file icon and Import Preset...
Nice one ... thank you :tu:

jamcat wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:56 pm
BONES wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:53 pm In fact, if you paid attention, you'd notice that it is Mac software that more often don't have installers.
Macs just more often don't have uninstallers. :x

BONES wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:53 pm Good move, they don't show up in Studio One anyway.
I'm not seeing presets here either. Maybe that's why the installers try to railroad you into installing the AU versions. :shrug:
Hmm...I'm seeing the presets from the VST3 versions on my M1 running Cubase 12. Silicon compliant too. What a great gift these are. They sound good and the GUIs are works of art. You may not like 'em but you have to admit they are beautiful whimsical drawnings.
GreenOak on M1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
On a number of Macs

Return to “Effects”