Waves already backtracking

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:39 pm https://www.waves.com/news/perpetual-wa ... s-are-back
Update – March 30, 2023: Updates for Perpetual Plugins & Bundles Are Available

We would like to update you that effective immediately, you can once again renew your Waves Update Plan in order to update perpetual plugin and bundle licenses. This option will remain in place going forward.

In addition, we are working to bring back the option to purchase new perpetual licenses for plugins and bundles. This option will exist side-by-side with the new Waves Creative Access subscriptions. We are devoting all efforts to making the perpetual option available to you again as quickly as possible, and will let you know as soon as it is ready. Please check back for updates on this page.
Yes, FYI, the price has not changed. Not that I expected it to, just thought that I'd add that.

HM wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:52 am Photoshop, Lightroom, and Premiere is not Ahead ,.. but with a share amount of bugs ,.. the ignorance of monopoly ,..
You wish... (and so do I)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

The old checkmarks were in the boxes for the specific plugins I was considering updating too from before this nonsense. So it's like they just did a system restore and the cookie still works.

ghettosynth wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:51 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:39 pm https://www.waves.com/news/perpetual-wa ... s-are-back
Update – March 30, 2023: Updates for Perpetual Plugins & Bundles Are Available

We would like to update you that effective immediately, you can once again renew your Waves Update Plan in order to update perpetual plugin and bundle licenses. This option will remain in place going forward.

In addition, we are working to bring back the option to purchase new perpetual licenses for plugins and bundles. This option will exist side-by-side with the new Waves Creative Access subscriptions. We are devoting all efforts to making the perpetual option available to you again as quickly as possible, and will let you know as soon as it is ready. Please check back for updates on this page.
Yes, FYI, the price has not changed. Not that I expected it to, just thought that I'd add that.
Yes, thanks, mentioned the same in the Bargains thread, but was in a bit of hurry and forgot to mention here.

Now I feel even that 25% off of WUP was better. Too bad not even that.

VitaminD wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:56 pm The old checkmarks were in the boxes for the specific plugins I was considering updating too from before this nonsense. So it's like they just did a system restore and the cookie still works.
LOL, true. Looks like all this was a ploy.

Waves already backmasking
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:05 pm
Well this is yet to be proven. I only fairly recently became aware of how far advanced Adobe is with image and now in audio. I looked into Affinity last year and didn't find any of the easy-to-use miracles Photoshop can now do. Affinity looks good, but it's a long way behind as far as I can tell.

Similarly, Adobe's jawdropping (and currently free) Speech Enhance for podcasts is light years ahead of iZotope RX for that specific job (and I've been a big RX fan). Adobe has invested in some incredible technology, while others feel a long way behind.
Yes. Also a lot of stuff that is really easy to do in Premiere is quite difficult to achieve in competing products, if not outright impossible.

And they constantly come up with updates that often bring great new features.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

https://www.waves.com/support/waves-update-plan

What we already know, but just sharing since the WUP info is up. Now we need to raise our voice for WUP discount. :hihi:

you know who i feel sorry for in all this, all the partners, who had to pretend to care about plug ins for 3 days while everyone went on about "it's the principal of the thing!"

Howdy partner

i think we should see other people.

it's not you, it's me.
me not liking you.

OK. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:59 pm
VitaminD wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:56 pm The old checkmarks were in the boxes for the specific plugins I was considering updating too from before this nonsense. So it's like they just did a system restore and the cookie still works.
LOL, true. Looks like all this was a ploy.
Eh?!
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

If it was a ploy it is a terrible one. Now they've upset their customer base. At the least, made them uneasy about further purchases. Long term resentment for short term gains? I don't even think Waves is crazy enough for that. This will be remembered for years and years here on.

I think it was a stupid decision made by corporate ownership to go full-sub and it blew up in their face. Now they are indeed back tracking. They'd have had backup snapshots or images to go back pretty easily though just from routine maintenance.
Last edited by VitaminD on Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”