Waves already backtracking

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:03 pm https://www.waves.com/support/waves-update-plan

What we already know, but just sharing since the WUP info is up. Now we need to raise our voice for WUP discount. :hihi:
What is interesting tough that upgrade options are gone - I don't have an option to upgrade to Mercury or Horizon meaning I won't have "free WUP" just by upgrading to bigger bundle. Are they planning to bring that back? Looks like they took away something in the end

0degree wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:04 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:03 pm https://www.waves.com/support/waves-update-plan

What we already know, but just sharing since the WUP info is up. Now we need to raise our voice for WUP discount. :hihi:
What is interesting tough that upgrade options are gone - I don't have an option to upgrade to Mercury or Horizon meaning I won't have "free WUP" just by upgrading to bigger bundle. Are they planning to bring that back? Looks like they took away something in the end
It's because they have not brought back perpetual licenses yet. Probably have to sort this out before one can buy their plugins and bundles again.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:48 pm
0degree wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:04 pm

It's because they have not brought back perpetual licenses yet. Probably have to sort this out before one can buy their plugins and bundles again.
Ok, we'll see - thanks! :tu:

What was a bit generous was that v9.1 that I bought 2013 were free updates, WUP or not, the full sequel of v9. I think v9 lasted till 2018 or something. (So I got the v9.92 offline installer stored away if needing reinstall. All went fine doing that on new Windows 11 computer.)

Later they pretty much started with new major version every year since now on v14. So any bugfixes would be only for a year or so after purchase.

But option to renew coverage for each plugin is back on account. As well as doing them all for $240 into a new WUP. They all work as far as I can tell, so no real benefit.

The ones I got 2013 were upgraded to support 96k, which was only 48k some of them when I bought. So development continued to some degree.

The big thing they could do would be to make Tune work without that odd duplicate rewire connection to make all daws work. I suggested supporting ARA with that plugin 5 years ago or so. More daws support ARA than Tune itself in current design.

I reported a bug on IR1 which they acknowledged but also said it would be fixed but had no date for it. Was a bit stumped over that.

Why would we buy into another WUP then?
But they gave me a workaround, toggle Reverse button back and forth and it worked normally until touching panel anything.

So support has always been top notch IMO.

If they learned something from current debackle one would hope it would be to listen to user base more.

But throwing a feature request over something in Izotope Ozone on forum it was delisted right away. Not very much headroom when it comes to mention competition it seems.

So no, they are not listening that much....

robotmonkey wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:48 pm It's because they have not brought back perpetual licenses yet. Probably have to sort this out before one can buy their plugins and bundles again.
Exactly this. We’ve still quite a bit to discover, and their sales policy is a big one. Will the offer sales at the same rate and discount? The same upgrade sales? The WUP sales? But it’s clear they can’t offer any bundle upgrades just yet all the while they’re not selling the actual bundles.

For sure kicking off with a WUP sale to say sorry - or perish the thought something for free - would have been a good gesture. But I wasn’t expecting it and don’t demand it. As I posted yesterday their entire business plan is now in the bin, they didn’t have a plan B and they are going to have to figure it all out themselves in the coming days.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Funky40 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:39 am two licenses per sold plugin, please.
its mandatory nowadays. (at least two)
everything else is f.ck

even if i just use one.
I want the second one just alone when switching a computer to a new one !

Yes! I have two computers and I only use one at a time!

not just discount, wup needs to go - or its value should decrease a lot.

Most (almost all?) of the plugins vendors gave us compatibility updates for free. And in some cases, very significant updates are for free (new reverb models on Valhala, all the goodies on a U-He update, etc).

A license should allow at least two activation by default.

WUP allows 'access to premium music production & mixing masterclasses'- well, these premum masteclasses should be sold apart.

Edited :party:
Last edited by T-CM11 on Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

i need Help wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:07 pm
i need Help wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:07 pm
El°HYM wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:33 pm Maybe they were just trying to find a way to make people love WUP?
This keeps happening the same way, idk why a company would be like “Everyone else has failed but we will succeed!”

Bitwig, Waves, Filmora (not audio but used by a lot of content creators).

D46FBBCA-FD42-4220-8AFF-AB38023EAD0C.jpeg

This list reminds me of Coca Cola's marketing stunt. When they turned 99 years, they came up with a new recipe, to replace the original. There was a storm against it, and a lot of publicity. Eventually they went back to the original, and everyone was happy again, and they got all this media coverage basically for free.

A difference is, like others have said here, Waves is not Adobe (or Coca Cola). Their last plugs are really good but with this sort of marketing decisions, and the array of inferior old plugins, they will have a hard time surviving.

I think MuTools' Jo was right in never bothering to support Waves plugins format for MuLab.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

New Coke wasn't a stunt. And neither was Waves' subscription only scheme.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Were Waves really that naiv to think that they would have incoming payments as usual with subscription?
Also Waves didn't take into consideration that they are a pretty old software plugin company, so they probably have lots of old customers and such customers are hard to get into sth completely new or different.
Subscription as an additional option it's ok for young generation, subscription only was not clever!
Some Waves plugins have got some burn marks now, I will check if they still work.
Is Dirk really going to ruin such an established company?

waltercruz wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:17 pm

not just discount, wup needs to go - or its value should decrease a lot.

Most (almost all?) of the plugins vendors gave us compatibility updates for free. And in some cases, very significant updates are for free (new reverb models on Valhala, all the goodies on a U-He update, etc).

A license should allow at least two activation by default.

WUP allows 'access to premium music production & mixing masterclasses'- well, these premum masteclasses should be sold apart.
We all would want WUP to go, but the fact is it was and is here to stay, unfortunately. So the least I was hoping for was some good discount on WUP comeback, which sadly isn't the case.

I agree two activations by default without the need of having WUP.

I don't know, at this point, I'd say forget about Waves, forget about WUP. Look to replace everything you can from them and chalk up any money spent as a loss after you can no longer use the perpetual licenses you have.

There are lots of other companies who don't' hold their customers in such contempt.

Buying WUP now just maintain multiple licenses or Mac support from a company who might just abandon you entirely at any given moment and literally just tried to, seems like a terrible example of the sunk cost fallacy at work.

Any ideas how to properly uninstall Waves?

Latest Waves Center lost that option as well as bulk of other options.

k

How to Uninstall Waves Products

Follow these instructions to uninstall Waves plugins and applications using Waves Central, or to uninstall unused individual plugins manually

https://www.waves.com/support/how-to-un ... s-products
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Effects”