What are your favourite spring reverb plugins ?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I did some deep comparisons of several spring reverbs against the spring reverb in one of my guitar amps.

What I found was the Physical Audio Dual Spring sounded absolutely closest to it, and really could stand in for a real spring.

The second best was GSi TimeVerb-X. It's pretty good as long as you're not comparing it directly to Physical Audio.

The Softube Spring was the most disappointing. It's got a weird swell to the attack that sounds nothing like a real spring. It's also too quiet with no good way to increase the output.

I found u-he Twangström to be pretty artificial sounding too. There's something uncanny about it that just never tricks my ear into thinking it's a spring. It's too clean and nice, and just sounds like a generic reverb plugin to me.

The Arturia Rev SPRING-636 has the opposite problem from u-he: it sounds too trashy.

Eventide Spring sounds like a pretty standard spring effect from a digital rack reverb. But it doesn't compete in the physical modelling space.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Yeah, i agree about Arturia spring, it is nasty sounding, sometimes you need that, that is why i think it is valuable for me.
If i want a spring i want dirty, resonant sound out of it, for clean reverbs there is other solutions.
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Sounds pretty good, but it’s Waves. Like many people, I found replacements for all my Waves plugins and haven’t looked back, ever since the Great Betrayal.

Here’s a pretty decent free physically modeled spring reverb from HoRNet:

https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/hornet-molla
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I read that someone mentioned EcoPlate by Hear360.

Just a friendly reminder for anyone who is looking after this fx:
This company could be out of business now. It is an ILOK activated software. I needed a reset due to broken laptop. Never got any reply in three months of writing. Really bad dev.

Watchout since it costs 149 dollars.

If you are looking for a really great spring reverb go Tony’s TENS. Super quality reverb at a super price.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”