Do you use Reason as a vst ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Rewire is gone with Reason v11

Reason with its modules as a plugin is everything anyone needed anyway. Rewire be damned.... IMHO
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

Jac459 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:41 pm
That being said, I think anybody who says that you can't do top music in Reason is a clown. This thing is a powerhouse. If you like or not its workflow, if you appreciate or not the features it has against other DAWS, if you miss or not the features it lacks against other DAWs, is purely a question of taste.

The software is great and clearly powerful enough to do anything you want. Period.
Absolutely true. Reason's mixer is in a class of it's own.

Carey

careyletendre wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:59 pm
Jac459 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:41 pm
That being said, I think anybody who says that you can't do top music in Reason is a clown. This thing is a powerhouse. If you like or not its workflow, if you appreciate or not the features it has against other DAWS, if you miss or not the features it lacks against other DAWs, is purely a question of taste.

The software is great and clearly powerful enough to do anything you want. Period.
Absolutely true. Reason's mixer is in a class of it's own.

Carey
Yeah I really missed it for a while when I started to use Reason as a Rack and not a DAW...
It is a very elegant and integrated solution while still very powerful.

The first reason for which I left Reason as a DAW was not the mixer but the mastering feature. I guess if you are black belt full time sound engineer you can do wonder with Reason in mastering. But for a musician trying to auto produce, it is a nightmare, no visual feedback at all, no advises. I really to start to make good master when I switched to Ozone and start to learn from there. The GAP was less painful...

Another point. Does anybody of you use Nostromo Spectral Synthesiser ? There is a lot of synths I love in the reason ecosystem, like Antidote, Exhale, Zero Hybrid, they are absolutely first class.... But Nostromo ???
Somehow I got this one on a sale and totally overlooked it... I was playing recently with its presets and was like WHHAAATT ???
In a blind test, you would have told me it is the newly released VPS Avenger 2 I would have been impressed and believed you...
Generally when I do house keeping I am trying to "favourite" some presets by synths, generally 10-15 per synth. Here every 2 presets I was keeping as favourite... It is like all the sounds are nuts... Do you share the same feeling ? How come did I miss that...

Nostromo is one of my go-to synths. It has a really unique sound and the randomization features are deep.

fceramic wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:12 am Nostromo is one of my go-to synths. It has a really unique sound and the randomization features are deep.
Nice to see I am not the only one crazy :-P

Nostromo is awesome and I agree it needs way more attention than it gets. That and the Zero hybrid synth all over my projects.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

jjpscott01 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 3:29 pm Nostromo is awesome and I agree it needs way more attention than it gets. That and the Zero hybrid synth all over my projects.
Ah yes.... Definitely agree.... The Zero Hybrid is way overlooked... it is more complicated than Algorithm but the sound is crazy good.... when I compare to FM8, it is a joke... Zero is much much better.

Jac459 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 3:44 pm
jjpscott01 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 3:29 pm Nostromo is awesome and I agree it needs way more attention than it gets. That and the Zero hybrid synth all over my projects.
Ah yes.... Definitely agree.... The Zero Hybrid is way overlooked... it is more complicated than Algorithm but the sound is crazy good.... when I compare to FM8, it is a joke... Zero is much much better.
Agreed my friend. I never got along with FM8 either. Zero is super powerful but it has some really awesome presets for folks who don't like to tinker with that sort of thing. Also, I don't know if you've ever used Zoetrope by SKP Sound Design but that's another overlooked Reason Synth that has some great sounds.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

It’s the closest thing to Sytrus which is a beast.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

jjpscott01 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 4:09 pm
Agreed my friend. I never got along with FM8 either. Zero is super powerful but it has some really awesome presets for folks who don't like to tinker with that sort of thing. Also, I don't know if you've ever used Zoetrope by SKP Sound Design but that's another overlooked Reason Synth that has some great sounds.
Agreed on the presets... Some are really really awesome...
I will have a look at Zoetrope, thanks for the tip.

There are many gems in REs shop. I'm currently paying for Algoritm and Complex-1. After that, I might rent to own Zero and Expanse.
Currently I'm playing with Parsec 2. It is a wonderful synth :)

EnGee wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:06 am There are many gems in REs shop. I'm currently paying for Algoritm and Complex-1. After that, I might rent to own Zero and Expanse.
Agreed 👍 There so many goodie’s in Reasonstation shop. That’s one of the reasons I’ve jumped on Reason+ subscription - it’s all free to download :wink:

EnGee wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:06 am There are many gems in REs shop. I'm currently paying for Algoritm and Complex-1. After that, I might rent to own Zero and Expanse.
There is no "might", do it, zero is awesome... 😉.

Parsec 2 is good too.. I rediscovered Complex-1 recently, it is a whole world to explore. . , insanely fun but I still suck at it.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”