Audiority Dark Memory updated to v1.0.2 - Vintage BBD Echo/Chorus (AAX, AU, CLAP, VST2, VST3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dark Memory

How does this compare to the Boss DM2 MN3005? Same darkening repeats?

What is the advantage of the CLAP version?

The chorusing sounds very clone theory-ish. That is encouraging as I would like an original vst emulation some day.

fceramic wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:31 am What is the advantage of the CLAP version?
You can use it in CLAP-only hosts.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

fceramic wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:54 am Bought! Audiority emulations sound deep! A hi-pass filter on the wet signal would make this usable on synths and drums as well.
Very usable on synths and drums as a chorus. The chorus effect is what I bought it for, not the delay :D

Thank you guys :D As soon as I have some proper time, I'll shoot an A/B comparison video with the original hardware.

Cheers,
Luca

I don't understand the meaning of those stars in the hardware (next to "CHORUS", 9 o'clock in "Blend", 4-5 o'clock in "Feedback"), and why they're also present on different positions in the plugin's GUI.

edit: ok the different positions are likely due to the different placement for min-max values in the hardware knobs. Still I don't know what they stand for.

Audiority wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:05 am Thank you guys :D As soon as I have some proper time, I'll shoot an A/B comparison video with the original hardware.

Cheers,
Luca
:tu: :tu: :tu: ...wonderful !

Niowiad wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:33 pm I don't understand the meaning of those stars in the hardware (next to "CHORUS", 9 o'clock in "Blend", 4-5 o'clock in "Feedback"), and why they're also present on different positions in the plugin's GUI.

edit: ok the different positions are likely due to the different placement for min-max values in the hardware knobs. Still I don't know what they stand for.
That was a visual reference to set the pedal as a Chorus. By moving the switch to the Chorus position, you set the delay line to a fixed value, modulated by the internal LFO. Since a chorus is the effect of a modulated delay in parallel with the dry signal, you need to set the BLEND to 50% and FEEDBACK off.

Cheers,
Luca

Audiority wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:55 pm
Niowiad wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:33 pm I don't understand the meaning of those stars in the hardware (next to "CHORUS", 9 o'clock in "Blend", 4-5 o'clock in "Feedback"), and why they're also present on different positions in the plugin's GUI.

That was a visual reference to set the pedal as a Chorus. By moving the switch to the Chorus position, you set the delay line to a fixed value, modulated by the internal LFO. Since a chorus is the effect of a modulated delay in parallel with the dry signal, you need to set the BLEND to 50% and FEEDBACK off.

Cheers,
Luca
Oh that makes a lot of sense.
Thank you :party:

Someone here bashed Echoes T7E, saying it's garbage compared to Pulsar Audio Echorec. viewtopic.php?p=8650243#p8650243

Also "unimpressed and disappointed by every Audiority plugin". Seriously? How is that even possible?

But anyway, I really needed a good laugh today, so thanks to whoever said that, what a lovely colorful jester :lol:

Audiority naysayers, you just can't win guys and it makes you mad :hihi: The ship keeps going strong :P

Pulsar Audio and Overloud only released their Echorecs because Luca did it first :hihi: Where they've been all the time before? They probably stole his code and copied it to their plugins, to begin with :hihi:

The timing of this plugin is off on my system. With tempo at 120, and the plugin set to sync at 1/4, the delays are landing around 31ms late. And if I turn off sync and set the time to 250ms, it is repeating at 281ms. The extra 31ms seems to be fixed regardless of what I set delay to. At minimum (i.e. 17ms), the first delay is at 48ms. It is the same regardless of whether I run the sound card at at 48kHz or 44.1kHz. This is using impulse to play a kick drum sample with a single recording channel and an otherwise empty project.

Ableton live 10.1.43 macos 12.6.4. Output latency 6.5ms.

suthnear wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:10 pm The timing of this plugin is off on my system. With tempo at 120, and the plugin set to sync at 1/4, the delays are landing around 31ms late. And if I turn off sync and set the time to 250ms, it is repeating at 281ms. The extra 31ms seems to be fixed regardless of what I set delay to. At minimum (i.e. 17ms), the first delay is at 48ms. It is the same regardless of whether I run the sound card at at 48kHz or 44.1kHz. This is using impulse to play a kick drum sample with a single recording channel and an otherwise empty project.

Ableton live 10.1.43 macos 12.6.4. Output latency 6.5ms.
Reported this earlier today. The bug has been confirmed by Luca. He'll issue an update next week. :tu:

Luka_Kostii wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:28 pm Someone here bashed Echoes T7E, saying it's garbage compared to Pulsar Audio Echorec. viewtopic.php?p=8650243#p8650243

Also "unimpressed and disappointed by every Audiority plugin". Seriously? How is that even possible?
Before I even clicked the link I knew who it would be.

Dark Memory has been updated to v1.0.1

Changes:
- FIX: Unwanted offset on delay time when MOD is 0
- FIX: Missing automation labels for some parameters

You can download the update from your User Area account.

Please note: the bug were adding around 30ms to the regular/synced delay time only when modulation was set to 0. All presets using Chorus mode or Echo presets using modulation are unaffected.

Return to “Effects”