v1.0 released: Regency — Free Multi-Tiered Phase Distortion Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BenfordLaw wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:14 pm How do you uninstall this? I have Windows 8.1 and I can't see it in my 'Add or Remove Programs' list, after I installed it.
Run the installer again, and there's an "Uninstall" button in the bottom-left. This will remove all installed versions.

Or if you want to manually uninstall it for some reason, there's a brief guide in the manual of my other synth (search for "Manual uninstallation"): https://nakst.gitlab.io/altitude/manual.html.

when i click USB MIDI next to MIDI input device in Audio and MIDI Settings, it crashes the synth.
Macbook Air M2, Ventura 13.3.1. please help.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

:tu:
nakst wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:25 pm
BenfordLaw wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:14 pm How do you uninstall this? I have Windows 8.1 and I can't see it in my 'Add or Remove Programs' list, after I installed it.
Run the installer again, and there's an "Uninstall" button in the bottom-left. This will remove all installed versions.

Or if you want to manually uninstall it for some reason, there's a brief guide in the manual of my other synth (search for "Manual uninstallation"): https://nakst.gitlab.io/altitude/manual.html.
Thank you - is there a reason it doesn't appear in the 'Add or Remove Programs' window? I often go through that list of programs and remove things I haven't used for a long time - if programs aren't appearing in that window, I won't remember that I've ever installed them and they'll just stay on my system forever.

3lu5iv3 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:05 am when i click USB MIDI next to MIDI input device in Audio and MIDI Settings, it crashes the synth.
In the crash dialog could you click "Report..." and then send me a copy of the provided information?

BenfordLaw wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:47 am Thank you - is there a reason it doesn't appear in the 'Add or Remove Programs' window? I often go through that list of programs and remove things I haven't used for a long time - if programs aren't appearing in that window, I won't remember that I've ever installed them and they'll just stay on my system forever.
From my perspective it's a bit of a trade off. If I register the application in the "Add or Remove Programs" window, then the installer has to go and modify various system settings to complete the registration. Therefore to uninstall it, you have to use the proper uninstaller.

But at the moment, since the installer only copies the plugin DLL files to the correct location, you can uninstall the plugin by simply deleting the .clap/.dll file. Personally I prefer this approach as it is more lightweight. And if you want to run the plugin on another computer, you don't even need the installer, you can just copy the DLL file to the new computer.

Unfortunately none of your plugins can be used in NI Komplete Kontrol or Maschine (and probably some other hosts) due to no VST2 or VST3 support.

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:40 pm Unfortunately none of your plugins can be used in NI Komplete Kontrol or Maschine (and probably some other hosts) due to no VST2 or VST3 support.
I reckon he knows that. He’s very good at making synth plugins :)

simmo75 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:50 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:40 pm Unfortunately none of your plugins can be used in NI Komplete Kontrol or Maschine (and probably some other hosts) due to no VST2 or VST3 support.
I'm sure he is, hence my interest. The point is it I can't currently use them, and want to, and this doesn't seem to be very high on the list at the moment

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:54 pm
simmo75 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:50 pm
I'm sure he is, hence my interest. The point is it I can't currently use them, and want to, and this doesn't seem to be very high on the list at the moment
Yeah, he’s got the CLAP(😂), and FL niche going on.
These plugins work great in Bitwig.

My plugins do however support the draft CLAP extensions for preset discovery and remote controllers. It's only a matter of time before hosts start to take advantage of these :wink:

nakst wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:21 am
3lu5iv3 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:05 am when i click USB MIDI next to MIDI input device in Audio and MIDI Settings, it crashes the synth.
In the crash dialog could you click "Report..." and then send me a copy of the provided information?
is this what you need?

https://pastebin.com/cquJPVF9
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

Why not ask Native Instruments for CLAP support?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:51 pm
It's been asked - they responded with the sound of one hand clapping :)

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:00 pm
Teksonik wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:51 pm
It's been asked - they responded with the sound of one hand clapping :)
That's a shame. Seems like since CLAP was "born" in Germany so to speak, N.I. would have been on the forefront of adoption.

I said this when CLAP was first announced, if DAW developers don't support CLAP then plugin developers have no incentive to do so and if plugin developers don't support CLAP then DAW developers have no incentive to do so. It's sort of a self defeating circle.

So far Bitwig (naturally) and Reaper are the only two DAWs I know of with CLAP support (there may be more but none of the other DAWs I own support it).

It's going to take more than that for CLAP to become the default format. Gaining support from NI would certainly go a long way. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

3lu5iv3 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:31 am
nakst wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:21 am
is this what you need?

https://pastebin.com/cquJPVF9
Thank you, I'll look into this bug.

Return to “Instruments”