How to Build a Personal Brand as an Ambient Music Composer: Strategies & Tips

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In today's music industry, building a personal brand is essential for success as an Ambient music composer. A strong brand can help you stand out from the competition, attract new fans, and increase your earning potential.

In this article, I will explain strategies and tips for building a personal brand as an Ambient music composer: https://juansanchezmusic.info/blog-news ... egies-tips
MIDI Klowd - Free High-Quality MIDI Packs for Music Producers

Download Free MIDI Packs Here: https://midiklowd.com/

Step 1 - Don't endlessly rehash what Brian Eno, Wendy Carlos, Daniel Lanois, Harold Budd, Bill Laswell, and Aphex Twin have already done
Step 2 - Goto step 1 ;-)

please ignore all the "mutable instruments rings/clouds and random notes plucked within a scale" compositions.

do something different. the ambient music that is so popular these days seems like it's just fulfilling the expectations of the audience. it's a well worn road map and i've seen so many performances that were basically interchangeable. could literally swap the artists and the music and no one would know.

my advice would be to just be yourself. i see the "music outside today" and it's some dude w/his modular or whatever set up near a stream or something.. over and over again. gear amongst plants, and blah blah blah. the stereotype is real.

just once i'd like to see an ambient musician doing their thing in a alley full of garbage and some dead rats and stuff.. bringing the calming sounds to those environments that can use it the most.

seriously though.. just try to play out live regularly but don't wear it out ya know. learn your craft, play live, you'll build a following.

dayjob wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 7:47 pm

just once i'd like to see an ambient musician doing their thing in a alley full of garbage and some dead rats and stuff.. bringing the calming sounds to those environments that can use it the most.
if i can find a decent camera, youre on! :hihi:

vurt wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 7:49 pm

i sincerely would share/comment/repost if you do this. :tu:

dayjob wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 7:47 pm please ignore all the "mutable instruments rings/clouds and random notes plucked within a scale" compositions.

do something different. the ambient music that is so popular these days seems like it's just fulfilling the expectations of the audience. it's a well worn road map and i've seen so many performances that were basically interchangeable. could literally swap the artists and the music and no one would know.

my advice would be to just be yourself. i see the "music outside today" and it's some dude w/his modular or whatever set up near a stream or something.. over and over again. gear amongst plants, and blah blah blah. the stereotype is real.

seriously though.. just try to play out live regularly but don't wear it out ya know. learn your craft, play live, you'll build a following.
++
i blame ' hearts of space ' ...

dayjob wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 7:52 pm
vurt wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 7:49 pm

i sincerely would share/comment/repost if you do this. :tu:
will have to work out a small portable set up of noise toys too, but ill be back dont worry!
:)

although, i cannot promise dead rats, alley full of rubbish i can do!

popular [is] just fulfilling the expectations of the audience
ftfy

babura wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:10 pm In today's music industry, building a personal brand is essential for success as an Ambient music composer.
Success as an ambient music composer is listeners listening beyond 1 minute.
Ask not what your DAW can do for you, but what you can do with your DAW

'personal brand'

oh jebus.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Your own, personal jebus.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:15 am Your own, personal jebus.
:dog: :clap:

You need a good artist name. Something like 'donkey tugger'.

donkey tugger wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:34 am You need a good artist name. Something like 'donkey tugger'.
yahoo, registered my new ambient artist website already

http://donkeytugger.com/

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”