U-HE Zebra 3 Alpha Prototype Developments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What I've learned about U-he, is they are a long term type of company, and he is enthused by noise, and distortion. Popular sounds are included, but he has a love for distortions behind it all. Musical noise.

what no one mentions in the video, zebra3 has actually been ready for a long time.
the code all written, by an alien hive mind, ready to drop...
as soon as the technology was ready to cope with it.

so, you ask, well what about zebras 4 onwards?
yes, these too are all ready and waiting, till computers are fast enough, and human minds are ready to deal with the concepts they offer.

Nanners wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 3:53 pm What I've learned about U-he, is they are a long term type of company, and he is enthused by noise, and distortion. Popular sounds are included, but he has a love for distortions behind it all. Musical noise.
he also eats cake with mustard. :shrug:

vurt wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:46 pm what no one mentions in the video, zebra3 has actually been ready for a long time.
the code all written, by an alien hive mind, ready to drop...
as soon as the technology was ready to cope with it.

so, you ask, well what about zebras 4 onwards?
yes, these too are all ready and waiting, till computers are fast enough, and human minds are ready to deal with the concepts they offer.
That one is Zebra 4 version 3
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

vurt wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:47 pm he also eats cake with mustard. :shrug:
doesn't everybody?

fisherKing wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:23 pm
doesn't everybody?
i dont.
not since the incident.

vurt wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:26 pm
fisherKing wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:23 pm
doesn't everybody?
i dont.
not since the incident.
ah... of course <strokes imaginary beard>

[del]
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Urs wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 12:30 pm Well, I think that something like 3-4 animated modulation sources shared by 10-20 worthy targets will make people want to go for Zebra3 *badly* :hihi:
Well....yeah.....but...... CLAP polyphonic modulation!

Seems like you shoot yourself in the foot again?

Then i have only two questions: was it once in each foot or two shots in the same foot?

And don't you just hate it when you make stuff that's too good for your own good?
:D
Last edited by jupiter8 on Sun May 14, 2023 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

derp

So what. Is there any ETA?

Urs wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:22 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:20 pm
lobanov wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:11 am
liquidsound wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:05 am Well… now I don’t mind waiting for another year (or two :scared:)
Urs now isn't just speaking. He is demonstrating us something real and mostly working.
Have you heard the 90/10 rule? It’s true what they say about the last 10% of a project…
You mean the first 11 years were 10% of the time? :oops:
Do your children (or grandchildren) know C++? How about DSP? It could be a way out :-o

Have watched the demo videos and I'm really impressed. I like that we now have one editor for all kind of necessary curve editing that can be simple or complex. I think that has the potential to make Zebra 3 easier to get into, even while adding more advanced capabilities at the same time. Great work there!

From the pictures I've seen, filters are not yet in there. Does anyone know what the plans with filter are with Zebralette 3 and Zebra 3?
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

Fannon wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 5:41 am Have watched the demo videos and I'm really impressed. I like that we now have one editor for all kind of necessary curve editing that can be simple or complex. I think that has the potential to make Zebra 3 easier to get into, even while adding more advanced capabilities at the same time. Great work there!

From the pictures I've seen, filters are not yet in there. Does anyone know what the plans with filter are with Zebralette 3 and Zebra 3?
Zebralette is just the Osc. No filter. However, you also have the OscFX.

Can you hire another programmer Urs? Or this is a dumb question?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Return to “Instruments”