Free Synths with Hardware DNA

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Held wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:41 pm Apricot is really good, but it's CLAP/FL Studio only
no
on the mac it also comes as audio unit

FL Studio 21 - Waveform 12 | Surge - Variety of Sound

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 5:03 pm I think in near future we are going to see interesting upgrades,cause right now from technical point synths are stuck in a commercial circle,especially hardware is really behind,no multilayer architecture,no serious innovations to make you wanna badly to spend last 2000 euro you keep away from wife :):):)
Keep smiling - nice people live longer and happier :):)
HW already had a period where multilayer synths were popular, like 20 years ago. That died because DAWs and plugins are much more efficient to work with. Today HW synth market is driven by Gen X and boomers trying to get some serotonin by the nostalgia reproduction of vintage gear gives them, and in the other side the DAWless jam crew that wants small synths to play around in a table.

People making orchestral/cinematic stuff just uses a DAW.
dedication to flying

I was used to think same until start to develop something new myself and realize how badly we need new efficient multi layer structure - simple sound is unpleasant,the more modulations and streams,the better :)Cheers :)

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 4:27 pm I was used to think same until start to develop something new myself and realize how badly we need new efficient multi layer structure - simple sound is unpleasant,the more modulations and streams,the better :)Cheers :)
Multilayer is useful, just not very practical en HW and way easier to do on SW, many of the top instruments do it quite well: Omnisphere, Falcon, Kontakt, Rapid, Avenger..
dedication to flying

Imagine Vienna Symphonic Orchestra in one multi layer preset...
First layer cello,second brass,third string pad,so on 10 layers...
When you move mod wheel every layer start to play it own modulation for example firs layer the cello start to become staccato,second transform brass into pad,third make string pad a hit orchstra...
Weak point is cpu overloading...
Cheers :)

I haven't tried it (yet), but what about Tranzistow?
"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable..." ~ H.L. Mencken

Pendulate is very good

imho pg-8x,synth1 and tal noisemaker sound more convincing than half of the available commercial synths today,just don't have dope fx section.Cheers :)

-motorolla dsp project( virus-micro q)
- sonic charge cyclone
- plogue ops-7 ( not free)

I think these three sound exactly like their hardware counterparts.
First two are an exact 1:1 port, and ops-7 is a remarkable tour de force of reverse engineering .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Legacy Audio Damage plugins are all free and a few are synthesizers.

Axon (drum synth)
Basic
Phosphor
Tattoo (drum synth)

https://www.audiodamage.com/pages/free-and-legacy
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”