Good Synths with MPE?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jules99 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:25 am
Could you elaborate on this? How would I make Operator work with MPE? Does this work with external VSTs that are non-MPE natively as well? I can't find what you're describing in the release notes.
You can make Operator work with MPE by using multiple instances

pdxindy wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:21 pm
Could you elaborate on this? How would I make Operator work with MPE? Does this work with external VSTs that are non-MPE natively as well? I can't find what you're describing in the release notes.
Which you can do with anything so effectively you can't actually make operator (as in a single instance) work with mpe.

psynical wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:45 pm "Or a bonus would also be something max for live based?"

you do know that you can make anything an MPE synth in Live 11, right?

RTFRN: https://www.ableton.com/en/release-notes/live-11/
Seemed to be referring to Max for Live devices, which can be made to be mpe compatible.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:09 pm
Which you can do with anything so effectively you can't actually make operator (as in a single instance) work with mpe.
I think there is a M4L device which loads multiple instances in the background and if you edit one instance, it updates the others etc.

pdxindy wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:18 pm
I think there is a M4L device which loads multiple instances in the background and if you edit one instance, it updates the others etc.
As someone who’s used that work-a-round from the times before Live spoke MPE, that’s a lot of faffing about considering you can get an FM synth like F’em with full MPE capabilities that regularly goes on sale for next to nothing.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I like surge XT a lot for MPE, along with all the bitwig native devices.

Don't own any granular synths myself but both kaivo and quanta support MPE.

pdxindy wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:18 pm
I have now gone through 15 pages of search results for "MPE" over at max-for-live.com and can't for the live of me find such a device. Do you remember the devices's name?

And just so I understand you correctly, this M4L device allows loading multiple instances of both Ableton instruments like Operator or any VST instrument respectively and it automatically updates all instances within the rack once you change one instance?

I'm just asking, because previously I have never heard such a thing to be possible at all.

jules99 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:06 am I have now gone through 15 pages of search results for "MPE" over at max-for-live.com and can't for the live of me find such a device. Do you remember the devices's name?

And just so I understand you correctly, this M4L device allows loading multiple instances of both Ableton instruments like Operator or any VST instrument respectively and it automatically updates all instances within the rack once you change one instance?

I'm just asking, because previously I have never heard such a thing to be possible at all.
I don't remember the name. I also never used it. I just remember someone describing it in a thread about MPE.

Given that Ableton are the only DAW developer who have developed their own MPE controller, I am confident they will be one of the best DAWS for MPE Instruments very soon...it's in their interest!

This one is just out- https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/expressive-choir/#? and 2 of their drum packs have already been 'reissued' as fully MPE... :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

pdxindy wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:27 pm
jules99 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:06 am I have now gone through 15 pages of search results for "MPE" over at max-for-live.com and can't for the live of me find such a device. Do you remember the devices's name?

I don't remember the name. I also never used it. I just remember someone describing it in a thread about MPE.
Are you thinking of the vst MPEify?

Just reading through this post I didn't see 'Falcon' mentioned which is one of my 'goto' MPE synths, it has some great MPE pre-sets and is a very powerful synth.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

There is now a big slice of market for MPE capable synths to dive into, no excuses not to develop MPE anymore especially combined with Ableton and Push 3 fully MPE, the market for MPE synths is going to get larger.
Ableton Live 11,Push 3/Deepmind 12D, Roland VT4, TR-8S, Roland Fantom 06, Zoom MS-70CDR

I don't have a lot of hope given their updating speed in recent years and their general direction, but I'm crossing all my fingers that NI puts MPE into Kontakt, Reaktor and MX.

Goony wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 5:43 pm There is now a big slice of market for MPE capable synths to dive into, no excuses not to develop MPE anymore especially combined with Ableton and Push 3 fully MPE, the market for MPE synths is going to get larger.
I think that’s right. I’m one of those who just got a Push 3, and right now I’m debating whether to jump on the annual NI summer sale and update my Komplete package, as in years past — or if it’s better to spend my money on a nice MPE synth like Plasmonic or Kaivo. The latter option seems far more attractive to me.

I dumped all my NI stuff couple years ago, just kept Kontakt Player and my output library stuff, the rest all gone.
Equator 2 is good synth for MPE. works well. Im hoping any new synths are MPE ready from now, and hoping others get updated to MPE.
Ableton Live 11,Push 3/Deepmind 12D, Roland VT4, TR-8S, Roland Fantom 06, Zoom MS-70CDR

Return to “Instruments”