Beta 7 Browser Bug

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Right, here we go...So I just installed Beta 7 and there is still a (many?) bugs in the Browser.

As you can see there are contents in the Collections on the side browser, for example 11 plugins in "8 Mastering", but they don't show in the Pop Up browser. All Collections are empty.

I've sent a report to Bitwig but I'm still waiting for a response from my last report so I don't hold much hope this one will get past the intern to the development team either.

BW 052423-1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:13 pm Right, here we go...So I just installed Beta 7 and there is still a (many?) bugs in the Browser.
If there were no more known bugs, it would be a release version. It is still called a beta because it is not ready for release.

pdxindy wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:19 pm
Teksonik wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:13 pm Right, here we go...So I just installed Beta 7 and there is still a (many?) bugs in the Browser.
If there were no more known bugs, it would be a release version. It is still called a beta because it is not ready for release.
Do your lips ever get chapped. :lol:

Of course it's a beta but one expects beta 7 to have fixed bugs found in beta 6. That's not a difficult concept to grasp.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:29 pm Of course it's a beta but one expects beta 7 to have fixed bugs found in beta 6. That's not a difficult concept to grasp.
Plenty of bugs from beta 6 were fixed in beta 7...

You make it sound like a personal affront to you that not all of them were.

I've reported 2 other bugs that are not yet addressed in beta 7. That is the normal beta process. Nothing is wrong.

I haven't seen any bug in Browser cause it crashed everytime when I open browser..

Likehumansdo wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:07 am I haven't seen any bug in Browser cause it crashed everytime when I open browser..
So you've seen one bug :hihi:

pdxindy wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:45 pm Nothing is wrong.
Of course there's something wrong. Bitwig is puking out buggy software (you've admitted as much) and now they're calling Beta 8 a "Release Candidate". That's not how bug fixing works and that comes from someone who has been a private alpha and beta tester for some of the biggest names in the business. I've seen first release Alphas that weren't as buggy as BW's new browser.

The performance of Bitwig (the company) is amateurish in my opinion.

Anyway on to Beta 8....Ok so you can see in the first image that "Drum Machine" has been added to the "3 Drums" Collection:

BW 052623-4.png

Now you can see that it doesn't show in "3 Drums" Collection:

BW 052623-5.png

I managed to get it added once (the number of plugins in the Drums collection went up from 11 to 12) but it disappeared again. I still have a ton of plugins to add to every collection and at this rate I'd be at it for hours for something that should be a half hour task only to have them disappear again.

Since Beta 8 the Side Browser Collections have been completely empty even though you can see in the image in my first post they were populated at one point.

The browser is a complete and utter mess and seems like it was designed and programmed by someone on their first day out of school.

Sorry if that opinion hurts some feelings but that's my opinion after banging my head on the wall just trying to set up a simple plugin database which is something I did with ease in version 4.4.10 and have done with ease in every other current DAW that I own.

I'm really trying to like Bitwig (the DAW) but they are not making it easy. My BUP runs out in July and at this point I see no compelling reason to renew.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Teksonik wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:46 pm Anyway on to Beta 8....Ok so you can see in the first image that "Drum Machine" has been added to the "3 Drums" Collection:

Now you can see that it doesn't show in "3 Drums" Collection:
I tried adding and removing from a number of collections. It seems to be working reliably for me and the number of items listed is correct in the half a dozen I checked.

I was not able to reproduce the sort of issue you are seeing.

getting frustrated with beta software. :lol:
-JH

Teksonik wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:46 pm
pdxindy wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:45 pm Nothing is wrong.
[...]now they're calling Beta 8 a "Release Candidate".
That is wrong. Reference for 'Release Candidate', please?

There are still many in b8 too - thankfully it's still a beta and not a release candidate, eh?

I submitted separate reports for these yesterday.

* Right-clicking in the mini-browser collections pop-out, brings up a menu for each Collection that can't be dismissed without closing the pop-out.

* Clicking the 'Show plugin presets' arrow in the mini browser clears the contents of all Collections in the mini-browser. Clicking a Collection in the pop-out lists restores it, but only for that Collection.

* Main browser truncates the list of Collections in the right-hand panel. It used to auto-grow to fit, but large numbers of Collections were causing it to get excessively big. They fixed the panel size but now the list is truncated (should wrap, imo).

Before (panel size dynamic)

After (panel size fixed)

* Vocoder device appears under Note FX, it shouldn't.

All reports acknowledged and/or confirmed.

To be honest, there are a lot of bugs with the browser, but having tested Reaper betas for years, this is not unexpected when something new is added (or something old is heavily modified).

Return to “Bitwig”