Beta 7 crash

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, please take a look at the video and try to reproduce: https://youtu.be/FT8-zpO5IgU

1. open menu for template
2. right click (0:06 on video)
Bitwig, Renoise, Mixbus32c, Reason 12, ToneBoosters, TokyoDawnLabs...

Doesn't crash for me.

I couldn't tell from your video. Did you try to select a template? or just opening the window caused the crash? Neither crashed for me.

There seems to be an ongoing issue with the browser finding existing content. Someone else reported a crash in Beta 7 in a different but similar case.

i opened menu for templates, and right-clicked as shown on 0:06 (field below Sound Content, or try right-click wherever in the browser)

I followed your example and got a crash also. I'm getting tons of crashes, and usually my system is very stable. Right now all I have to do is to launch BW, create a new project, and hit the + button to add a track and it brings up the browser and crashes every time.
2020 iMac 27" 10 Core, OS 12.6.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Novation SL MKIII, Push 2, Ableton Live, VCV Rack Pro 2, Bitwig Studio

krankyone wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:49 pm I followed your example and got a crash also. I'm getting tons of crashes, and usually my system is very stable. Right now all I have to do is to launch BW, create a new project, and hit the + button to add a track and it brings up the browser and crashes every time.
Disable any extension you are using and see if the crashes stop

pdxindy - I'm only using one extension, DrivenByMoss, and removing it indeed seems to fix the problem. Adding it back in gives me the same crashes. Thanks
2020 iMac 27" 10 Core, OS 12.6.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Novation SL MKIII, Push 2, Ableton Live, VCV Rack Pro 2, Bitwig Studio

For me it was also the older and newest drivenbymoss extension!

krankyone wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:13 pm pdxindy - I'm only using one extension, DrivenByMoss, and removing it indeed seems to fix the problem. Adding it back in gives me the same crashes. Thanks
Welcome... some peeps on the Discord figured that out.

i do not use any extensions though..

It crashed everytime when I open Browser so I reinstalled beta 6 then..

Bitwig is aware of the issue and fix is in the works...

fixed in the v9 :)

Maybe update the thread title:)

Return to “Bitwig”