HATEFISh RhyGenerator

Official support for: hornetplugins.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello
A few changes would be welcome (for the VST version):
- the ability to view all notes and MIDI channels at the same time.
- a transposition function on the timeline, as well as another that can be sequenced (first loop, original key, second transposition 1, third transposition 2, etc.).
- a MIDI export function, global, per channel or for each track, either as a midifile or as a direct export to the DAW.
Have a nice day !

Hi there -

Although I am enjoying the basic functionality of the (paid) RhyGenerator, I am unable to get the arpeggiator to work. I'm sure it's a simple thing, but in the absence of a manual I am not having any luck. The video demo-ing the arp was unclear to me.

(Also - on the free version, is there a way to set the midi channel?)

Would be grateful for any available assistance.

Thanks.

Hi
There is a manual in the zip file of the registered version.
I didn't try arpeggietor mode, but in the left side, in 'Mode' popup, you can choose, 'Note', 'Arp up', 'Arp Down', 'Chord' or "Controller'.
Best

Hi There - Thanks for the reply. I read the manual (for both the free and the paid version). Unfortunately, the Arp (down/up), and Chord modes don't work at all. Have tried many combinations of midi channels, etc., but it doesn't seem to produce any midi output in these modes.

(Also, it certainly appears that the free version can only run on Midi Channel 2 - odd.)

I'm going to have to submit a support request.

I tested with Reaper, it works.
I put HATEFISh on a track, a VSTi plugin behind it.
I put some settings and gates on HATEFISh first track with Arp Up mode, others settings and gates on it second track with Arp Down mode, same things on third track with Arp Up mode.
When I press a key (or more), arpeggiator is playing, but... Reaper sequencer must play !!!
If it stopped, it doesn't play.
I'd never used this function, very interesting ! Thank to you ! ;-)

pascalb wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:28 am Hello
A few changes would be welcome (for the VST version):
- the ability to view all notes and MIDI channels at the same time.
- a transposition function on the timeline, as well as another that can be sequenced (first loop, original key, second transposition 1, third transposition 2, etc.).
- a MIDI export function, global, per channel or for each track, either as a midifile or as a direct export to the DAW.
Have a nice day !
Thank you for the suggestions! we have a quite long list of feature requests for Rhygenerator so we'll make an MK2 version for sure in the future!

Saverio

Thank you !
Best

In Chord Mode, we lose the ability to control note(s) length. Therefore, the only rhythms I'm able to create are short stabs/pulses.

Does anyone know how to control the MIDI on/off messages coming out of RhyGenerator?

I have the paid version.

Hi,

may I ask what are your DAW, macOS and plugin formats (vst, vst3, au...)?

Maso

User41 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:30 pm In Chord Mode, we lose the ability to control note(s) length. Therefore, the only rhythms I'm able to create are short stabs/pulses.

Does anyone know how to control the MIDI on/off messages coming out of RhyGenerator?

I have the paid version.
your support at HoRNet plugins. Need help? Just open a ticket

Windows, Reaper, VST3

But I also have some Macs and use pro tools and logic so could try a diff system or DAW if that would make a difference. Reaper is my preferred DAW though.

Hi,
The "chord" mode is designed to allow you to hold down a chord on your keyboard while the RhyGenerator creates a rhythmic pattern, managing the chord density and ensuring the chord's beginning and ending are taken into account. However, your suggestion could be an interesting addition to the already "Euclidean dense" list of new features requested for the RhyGenerator.

Best

Maso
your support at HoRNet plugins. Need help? Just open a ticket

hatefish wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:36 am Hi,
The "chord" mode is designed to allow you to hold down a chord on your keyboard while the RhyGenerator creates a rhythmic pattern, managing the chord density and ensuring the chord's beginning and ending are taken into account. However, your suggestion could be an interesting addition to the already "Euclidean dense" list of new features requested for the RhyGenerator.

Best

Maso
Thank you for your response. I’d never thought to use Rhygenerator with a MIDI keyboard. Maybe I use sequencers incorrectly, but I usually go to them when I don’t want to have to come up with or perform a rhythm on my own.

But I’ll try by just mashing down the chords and see how Rhygenerator generates a rhythm.

Return to “HoRNet Plugins”