Push 3 for Bitwig - is it going to happen?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm wondering if this is a possibility just like previous Push's... or is there something about this one that makes it a no-go?

I am assuming that it will be the same as PUSH 2 and a ‘script’ will make it a great MPE controller.

I have the standalone version on order so I will let Bitwig users know what it does now…

May be a while though and in my opinion (as a Live and Bitwig user) Push will always be better with Live, it was built for it and Ableton invest a lot of time making everything in Live auto map with custom graphics on the Push.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Yes the custom graphics on Live look great.... I've not used Live since version 5 but Push 3 has got me downloading a demo of Live 11 as I type...Push 3 is a big deal.

I think so, live 11.3 was a good update as well.
There are bound to be a few tear hung problems along the way, but all in all ‘Live’ is true.y living up to its name and the Dawstrument boundaries further blur!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

One thing that I hope gets brought over is the fact that you have the clip launcher on the screen and with the jog wheel you can trigger scenes while the pads are in instrument mode at the same time. That's handy.

I guess Moss is the guy to ask...but you have to get hold of one first, controller model seems sold out and on 8+ weeks delivery.

I am curious what someone on Linux has to say, and what the future MOSS has to say and picking one up at the store and try myself (simply) is not an option atm.
The latest Ableton Live on Windows installs drivers for it, and at the same time, the standalone they/you say is running on Linux, not sure if Linux itself is going to get a Push by, Push, sure hope so :cool:

I don't think Bitwig will ever run on PUSH 3 Standalone, I guess it could; be done but you would need to overwrite the existing firmware and write a new firmware which sounds a bit unlikely as an armature endeavour. A script for PUSH 3 as a controller for Bitwig should be no harder than for PUSH 2 though. If nothing else there will be a lot more second hand PUSH 2's for sale!

SLiC wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:57 pm I don't think Bitwig will ever run on PUSH 3 Standalone, I guess it could; be done but you would need to overwrite the existing firmware and write a new firmware which sounds a bit unlikely as an armature endeavour. A script for PUSH 3 as a controller for Bitwig should be no harder than for PUSH 2 though. If nothing else there will be a lot more second hand PUSH 2's for sale!
True.

Second hand flooding on Ebay has already begun! But everyone is hoping to get the price they would have got 2 weeks ago.
Sit and wait a month and the price of second hand Push 2 will fall to less than 250 I think (currently c.350)

I have to say going back to the Live 11 demo after 5 years of Bitwig...the Live GUI is just so much more ...calm/chilled/easy on the eye/peaceful

SLiC wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:57 pm I don't think Bitwig will ever run on PUSH 3 Standalone, I guess it could; be done but you would need to overwrite the existing firmware and write a new firmware which sounds a bit unlikely as an armature endeavour. A script for PUSH 3 as a controller for Bitwig should be no harder than for PUSH 2 though. If nothing else there will be a lot more second hand PUSH 2's for sale!
Yeah, thank you SLiC, i'm personally interested in the controller version and the pads upgrade :) but i thought of the standalone and connected a thought that someone on the Ableton-office Surelly seems to know about Linux *caught* kinda-thing :)
As for the controller version of thought, it's like i'm really just asking what the "CC-mode" will offer, pros & cons, on Linux, what to expect, and what Moss can help with, i'm a tad early to ask perhaps :)
But yeah, nothing is officially Linux (support) what i know of so, i'm just curious, not bitter or anything ;)

I'd be tempted to use Push3 standalone and it's built in DAW to Jam basic ideas , then export that into BitWig. I'm not sure what the quality of the BW import is like. Anyone tried? Think this would be possible?

askewd wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 2:40 pm I'd be tempted to use Push3 standalone and it's built in DAW to Jam basic ideas , then export that into BitWig. I'm not sure what the quality of the BW import is like. Anyone tried? Think this would be possible?
I thought I remember it not working with factory sample-based instruments because they are protected. So drum kits for example would be empty. Maybe I did something wrong.

SLiC wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:25 am I guess Moss is the guy to ask...but you have to get hold of one first, controller model seems sold out and on 8+ weeks delivery.
Yeah I just hope Moss gets one long before me!

pinki wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 2:08 pm
True.

Second hand flooding on Ebay has already begun! But everyone is hoping to get the price they would have got 2 weeks ago.
Sit and wait a month and the price of second hand Push 2 will fall to less than 250 I think (currently c.350)

I have to say going back to the Live 11 demo after 5 years of Bitwig...the Live GUI is just so much more ...calm/chilled/easy on the eye/peaceful
I am not so sure that PUSH 2 will fall that low, PUSH 3 is $1000 (and out of stock) and you can't buy the 2 in the shops anymore so second hand is the only way to get one. If you are not bothered about MPE and the Audio IO (or don't have a grand) there is still a lot of value in the PUSH 2 and it will still be supported by Ableton for a long time (the PUSH 1 is still supported!)

The fact that Push 3 is capable of running M4L devices may have a different structure not easily applicable to Bitwig….
Or you can run M4L in Bitwig? :o
:uhuhuh:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Return to “Bitwig”