Did Bitwig change their update policy?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I ask because there was a deal on updates and I purchased one. I knew I was gonna be working a lot of overtime so I decided to wait to activate it. I logged in today and the plan was activated back on Jan1 2023. Did they change their policy again or have I became a victim of fine print?

James

As far as I'm aware they changed it a little while ago so that it automatically applies when your plan runs out. If you click that you are buying as a gift they will give you the code and you can apply at anytime.

If you buy as a gift is there a risk you can't use it yourself because it is meant to give someone else ?

Chameleonman wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 5:28 am If you buy as a gift is there a risk you can't use it yourself because it is meant to give someone else ?
Most likely not since you can still buy upgrade plans from a retailer/online webshop.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

airbrush wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:58 am I ask because there was a deal on updates and I purchased one. I knew I was gonna be working a lot of overtime so I decided to wait to activate it. I logged in today and the plan was activated back on Jan1 2023. Did they change their policy again or have I became a victim of fine print?

James
Might be worth contacting Support and explaining this, they will be able to check if your BW has been being used and might extend it for you.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

airbrush wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:58 am I ask because there was a deal on updates and I purchased one. I knew I was gonna be working a lot of overtime so I decided to wait to activate it. I logged in today and the plan was activated back on Jan1 2023. Did they change their policy again or have I became a victim of fine print?

James
They sneaky added this on the shopping page: "Your license will be added to your Bitwig account automatically after purchase.".
This means the license is activated immediately the moment you buy it.

You can get around this by buying it 'as a gift', but not everyone knows.

Chameleonman wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 5:28 am If you buy as a gift is there a risk you can't use it yourself because it is meant to give someone else ?
No risk… I asked Bitwig how to buy an update for myself and without activating and they said use the gift option

Dupe
Last edited by pdxindy on Tue May 30, 2023 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dupe

This only applies to purchases directly from Bitwig right? If I buy the update plan from a 3rd party seller I can wait to activate it?

i buy updateplan mostly via jrrshop. License is in my emailbox and i apply it on bitwig site when i want to use it.

cajmere wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:01 pm i buy updateplan mostly via jrrshop. License is in my emailbox and i apply it on bitwig site when i want to use it.
I'm thinking I might buy from Audiodeluxe next month since I have about $4 rewards points and will get about $6 back in rewards points. Next month because they might have a better freebie then. Then I can wait to activate until Bitwig adds what would be worth it to me---midi comping---and/or a sufficiently appealing free-with-renewal or free-for-a-limited-time-with-active-plan offer (not sure if Bitwig third-party freebies like U-he etc. are NFR? though I probably wouldn't bother trying to sell it to reduce the upgrade cost).

Return to “Bitwig”