Jura(AirMusicTech)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Air's take on the Juno-6....so warm & juicy....if I had $75 to drop on it right now, I'd be all over it like a fly on horsesh*t.I downloaded the demo(there was only the VST3 demo available)...so hopefully there is a VST2 version when purchased(for my Reason 10 DAW.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8lbbhzvM28

That actually sounds really good.

I'm most interested in the MPC version. To my ears it sounds a bit on the thin side but considering it's available for the MPC, I don't have too high hopes of super accurate modeling. Besides, I have the Softube version which is about as spot on as it can get (in my opinion).

Still, for 80 bucks it's definitely something I could consider for the MPC. Will definitely demo.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

I dont get why is this needed

bmanic wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 6:55 pm I have the Softube version which is about as spot on as it can get (in my opinion).
Yep, I also have that one (Juno 106/Model 84) so I'll pass on this.
Last edited by Examigan on Tue May 30, 2023 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Are the presets not sorted alphabetically?
First time I have seen this since one of the Mac OS broke alphabetization of presets many moons ago.
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Tue May 30, 2023 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

Have they finally started to release plugins with a resizable interface yet?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:30 pm Have they finally started to release plugins with a resizable interface yet?
This one is definitely resizable.
rsp
sound sculptist

Ok, so I downloaded the demo and it's pretty much immediately obvious that this isn't really any kind of serious modeling at all. First of all, the filter is done all wrong. It's way too open and the resonance doesn't have that typical Roland/Moog thinning of the bass when you tweak it.

The oscillators sound completely wrong too. Nothing like I remember a juno sounding like and when compared to the Softube model, it's completely apples vs oranges.

This is like demoing a synht edit / reaktor ensemble where people say "it's a juno clone" and then just used stock oscillators, put it through a basic stock filter and call it a day.

So yeah, don't expect a Juno with this. Only tried it for a little while but this is immediately obvious.

Now I just need to decide if it gives enough of a justification as a standalone synth for the MPC. Hmm.. not sure yet.

Lbdunequest wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:06 pm I dont get why is this needed
For MPC standalone units, we will take any and all things thrown at us! :D

.. maybe. I'm quite disappointed by the sound of this one however. I'll give it a bit more time but at this moment, it being such a simplistic synth and NOT sounding at all like the real deal, is a bit of a deal breaker. It's very buzzy and thin. Not something I'm particularly fond of..

zvenx wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:34 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:30 pm Have they finally started to release plugins with a resizable interface yet?
This one is definitely resizable.
rsp
Didn't see any signs of that in the video. If that's the case their newer plugins might be potential purchases in the future.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

I just deleted the demo else I would have shown you, but yeah you can resize 110%, 120% and others
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:47 pm I just deleted the demo else I would have shown you, but yeah you can resize 110%, 120% and others
rsp
Ok, thanks. Finally they have reached that milestone. It's sad though they never released GUI updates for their older plugins, which they promised for years.

Yes I joined their beta team in hopes that they would address the gui's on their older plugins.
At some point I decided my main purpose of joining wasn't going to happen and I left.
rsp
sound sculptist

I checked out the demo version and these are the resize options:

Resize.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”