Speedrum updated to 2.1.0

Official support for: apisoniclabs.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thomaz wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 6:35 am When I select multiple layers in the layer editor and change the attack/decay envelope in the waveform window, Speedrum doesn't apply the changes to all layers, only to the one that's currently in the waveform window.
Would it be possible to change that so that all layers would be affected?
The problem with attack/decay or start/end is that the min/max range is not fixed because the samples are of different lengths. I will see if something can be done without it being too complex to implement, but I can't promise when it will be.

apisonic wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 2:58 am
Thomaz wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 6:35 am When I select multiple layers in the layer editor and change the attack/decay envelope in the waveform window, Speedrum doesn't apply the changes to all layers, only to the one that's currently in the waveform window.
Would it be possible to change that so that all layers would be affected?
The problem with attack/decay or start/end is that the min/max range is not fixed because the samples are of different lengths. I will see if something can be done without it being too complex to implement, but I can't promise when it will be.
I often import multiple layers of drum samples onto a pad ( they roughly have the same length ) and experiment with different decay envelopes. Implementing a way to affect all layers at once would be a tremendously useful feature.

Thanks for your feedback!

Hi there!

Read about Speedrum a while ago on Gearspace already, and now that NI have completely messed up Battery 4 (at least on silicon-macOS, which is what I'm using...), I thought I'd have a look for alternatives.
So, I downloaded Speedrum Lite for a start. Quite impressive for a freebie, could even do complete percussive tracks with it, so there's that. Would peak my interest in Speedrum some more.
But: in case it doesn't find the samples I used, it'll make Logic hang while opening the project. No way to even remotely get the project opened again, the only option being to delete the component file.

Ok, I know that a) this is the lite version, b) it's at V1.x rather than at V2.x (such as its big sibling). But I'd really like to know whether this is the same with the full version, because in that case, I think it needed to be adressed. Missing samples should always trigger whatever kind of sample relocating dialog (ideally with some options to get through the process quicker, such as "use folder" and what not).

Cheers.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Sascha Franck wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:15 am Hi there!

Read about Speedrum a while ago on Gearspace already, and now that NI have completely messed up Battery 4 (at least on silicon-macOS, which is what I'm using...), I thought I'd have a look for alternatives.
So, I downloaded Speedrum Lite for a start. Quite impressive for a freebie, could even do complete percussive tracks with it, so there's that. Would peak my interest in Speedrum some more.
But: in case it doesn't find the samples I used, it'll make Logic hang while opening the project. No way to even remotely get the project opened again, the only option being to delete the component file.

Ok, I know that a) this is the lite version, b) it's at V1.x rather than at V2.x (such as its big sibling). But I'd really like to know whether this is the same with the full version, because in that case, I think it needed to be adressed. Missing samples should always trigger whatever kind of sample relocating dialog (ideally with some options to get through the process quicker, such as "use folder" and what not).

Cheers.
The Lite version has a very primitive search system for missing samples, unlike the full version where the system is much more sophisticated, with the option of intelligent manual search.

apisonic wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:44 am The Lite version has a very primitive search system for missing samples, unlike the full version where the system is much more sophisticated, with the option of intelligent manual search.
Thanks. But what I'm wondering is whether it'll still cause Logic to hang (it's not exactly crashing, just causing the beachball of death) in case it's not finding samples. Because, quite obviously, before I can tell Speedrum to search (using whatever method), the project needs to load properly, so I can actually operate Speedrum.

For the full version, I haven't had a report of such a problem yet.
But as I mentioned the search systems are very different, the full version has a completely new system written from scratch.

apisonic wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:03 am For the full version, I haven't had a report of such a problem yet.
Ok. Would be great in case someone could check things out. Thing is, NI's Battery 4 has massive issues relocating missing samples, too - but only when using it in silicone-native mode on M-series Macs, so perhaps something's related?

v2.1.0
+ [Sequencer] 16/32 rows layout (synced with pads view)
+ [Sequencer] independent number of steps for each pattern
+ [Sequencer] adding samples directly on row name (same rules as on Pad)
+ [Sequencer] row polymeter
+ [Sequencer] per-step modulation for Pan, Pitch and FilterCut
+ [Sequencer] pattern button context menu (name + actions)
+ [Sequencer] renaming patterns (through the context menu)
+ [Sequencer] Alter action for seq row/pattern
+ [Sequencer] mirror note editing
+ [Sequencer] holding Shift while editing Velocities in the seq row editor allows editing of notes that Off
+ [Sequencer] increase/decrease/reset buttons in the seq row editor
+ [Sequencer] loading pattern file from external browser with drag&drop
+ [Sequencer] number of layers (after the row/pad name)
+ [Sequencer] shift notes up/down action
+ [Sequencer] Bar multiplication action (row menu)
+ [Sequencer] Pad reset (row menu)
+ [Sequencer] volume, pan and color of active row (Pad) on Sequencer page
+ [Sequencer] Shuffle to Pattern MIDI export
+ [Sequencer] mute sequencer output with midi note 11 (noteOn = mute)
+ [Sequencer] presets for some common note patterns (row menu and "PR" button)
+ [Slicer] Thru mode when populating pads
+ [Slicer] setting transients to zero-crossings (or as close as possible)
+ [Slicer] global attack/decay for slices, transferred to layer
+ [Pads] auto-slice when drag&drop a loop from the browser or externally holding Ctrl/Command, respecting Slicer state
+ [Layer] auto remove layer MSEG overlapping segment nodes
+ [Layer] prev/next buttons for active layer with midi cc learn capability
+ [Layer] if it is Slice, on Reload action slice range became start/end range
+ [Layer] when created with Slicer, temporarily Slice can be changed (prev/next buttons)
+ [EQ] smoothing of EQ parameters
+ [Preference] default samples/kits folder
+ [Preference] Browser default tab
+ [Browser] different ways of populating pads/layers (through the file context menu)
+ [Browser] populating pads (through the folder context menu)
+ [Browser] loop auto-slice to pads through the sample file menu, respecting Slicer state
+ [Browser] renaming favorites (through the context menu)
+ mute is also applied to the midi output of the muted row/pad
+ midi learn to more gui controls
+ changing pads layout while drag&drop when cursor is over the layout button
+ changing bottom tabs in Pad view while drag&drop when cursor is over the tab button
+ display of host tempo when in sync
# pads layout follow active pad
# Slicer pads filling mode "To All" changed to "From Active"
# Slicer transient detection slightly improved
# Browser stopping file preview on loading
# fixed midi select pad on play when sync is off
# fixed sequencer play when sync is off
# fixed Slicer prev file button midi learn
# fixed vu-meter reading
# fixed saving pattern and searching missing samples not using last used folder
# fixed remembering Browser active tab
# fixed Browser file selection when changing folders
# fixed Browser file list focus on changing favorite folder

Wow! Awesome update!

Fantastic!!!

Wow!!😮 Amazing update!! Thank you very much!! 🙂
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Return to “Apisonic Labs”