A simulated piano improvisation

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Created on a iPad Pro with Piano Motifs and Ravenscroft Piano.

https://soundcloud.com/paulieworld/more ... n-treasure

cool that you did that on an iPad only

Very enjoyable - must have taken a lot of work!
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

the change around 0:50 is very pleasant and suprising, truly well produced and played piano piece. or is it played? not sure if on an ipad? :D
beautiful man

AXXENTS wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:36 am cool that you did that on an iPad only
Yes. I don't use any external gear such as keyboards and guitar. Ironic since I spent 40+ years playing both of those instruments in bands. I used an iOS app called Piano Motifs. You configure several parameters and it creates short MIDI patterns. Some can be melodic and others are more for accompaniment. Then I tried different arrangements of those parts until I found something I liked. This one ended up with 48 MIDI patterns. I thought the end result was "not bad". It's a bit contrived and amateurish, but good enough for government work. Thanks for listening and commenting!

folderol wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:44 am Very enjoyable - must have taken a lot of work!
It took a bit of time, but I never thought of it as "work". It was very relaxing and fun. I spread it out over a week, a little at a time. Every new session I tried to do something different to try to keep the "improvised" feel. I hope that came across in the final arrangement. Thank you for listening. I am glad you enjoyed it. Have a great day!

Jesse Gorter wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:53 pm the change around 0:50 is very pleasant and suprising, truly well produced and played piano piece. or is it played? not sure if on an ipad? :D
beautiful man
Thank you so much! All done on an iPad using the Piano Motifs app and the Ravenscroft piano module. I think it's one of the most realistic sounding virtual pianos available. Piano Motifs is probably my favorite iOS app of all. It creates interesting MIDI patterns that I can edit to my own liking. The MIDI patterns can be configured using multiple parameters. The possibilities are almost endless. Since I don't use any external hardware controllers, it's a very useful tool in my bag of "tricks". I hope you can give a listen on SoundCloud some time. Have a great day!

Return to “Music Cafe”