Classic Concerts You Have Attended - Poll

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.

What classic bands have you seen live (in person).

Pink Floyd
9%
The Beatles
1%
The Eagles
2%
Led Zeppelin
4%
Queen
3%
Jimi Hendrix
1%
The Rolling Stones
6%
AC/DC
4%
Black Sabbath
7%
The Who
4%
Yes
1%
RUSH
8%
Heart
1%
Cream
1%
Nirvana
1%
ZZ-Top
4%
Aerosmith
4%
Steely Dan
2%
King Crimson
2%
Todd Rundgren
4%
Eric Clapton
2%
Bob Dylan
5%
Grateful Dead
2%
Bruce Springsteen
4%
Jeff Beck
1%
Joni Mitchell
1%
Allman Brothers Band
1%
Frank Zappa
5%
David Bowie
5%
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
2%

Total votes: 164

RELATED
PRODUCTS

There are a lot of true blue music lovers here.

What classic bands have you seen live (in person).
Write in any not listed since I added the max names possible.
Tell us your concert story......
Last edited by PatchAdamz on Sun Jul 07, 2024 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

No Phish option?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

I've never been to any concerts, but I have sat on the beach with Crosby, Still, Nash & Young as they played music and hung out when I was a kid. I know Steven Tyler (not really well), but again no concerts, He lives a few miles from me actually. That's all I can claim from 'this list' at least.

I saw Sammy Hagar leaving an Outback Steakhouse once.

NY Philharmonic, Florida West Coast Symphony (a few times), Willie Nelson, Information Society, VAST, Evanesence, the Changelings, Telynor (at a street fair), Skinny Puppy (twice), They Might Be Giants (5 or 6 times), Beats Antique, Blue Man Group (Vegas and then on tour), Starkid (3 shows and a concert tour), Kodo and a bunch of less generally famous taiko groups, local bands etc. Almost Kraftwerk but then the pandemic happened.

Front Line Assembly, Melt Banana, Haujobb, Youth Code, Otto von Schirach as opening acts that I can remember.

[edit] forgot to list Tool, even though I was literally thinking about that show while I was writing that post. I talked with Booming Tree, the taiko drummers that worked with Ivardensphere. And I missed Ellen Fullman because I got sick.
Last edited by foosnark on Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

That new Queen movie recorded in Montreal? I was there. November, 1981. I remember the cameras wheeling around in front of the stage. Don't know why it took this long to see the light of day.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

The Who
David Bowie
Ray Charles
Ozzy Osbourne with guests Slash and Duff, who I met after the show
Met Skinny Puppy but never saw them perform
Kodo
Pearl Jam
Fugazi
Soundgarden
Ministry
The Prodigy
Underworld
PJ Harvey
Daft Punk
Basement Jaxx, who I interviewed before the show
No Doubt and Gwen made my dog their official mascot after the show
Nine Inch Nails
The Jesus and Mary Chain
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Public Enemy
Slayer
Tool
Atari Teenage Riot and went to the Museum of Death with them after the show
Mudhoney
Helmet and met Page at the studio he was recording at
The Mars Volta and had dinner with their drummer
Uberzone, including touring with him and sleeping on his couch
Met Dave Navarro but never saw Jane's perform live, despite them being my favorite band of all time
Lamb and met Lou Rhodes after the show
Faithless and briefly talked to Maxi Jazz after the show, which I still cringe about 25 years later
Canadian Brass
Doc Severinsen, he hung out with me and the other 7 brass players of my high school orchestra
Medeski, Martin, and Wood
Stereolab
Midnight Oil
Quincy Jones spoke at my commencement and gave me my college diploma
Chaka Khan
David Foster
I slept at Linda Rondstadt's house but never actually met her
Hung out with Tricky while he did mushrooms
Timo Maas
Either Bjork or The Sugarcubes, can't remember which
The Pixies
Keane and supplied gear for their tours for several years
Siouxsie and the Banshees
Ice-T
Butthole Surfers
Stone Temple Pilots
Rage Against The Machine and hung out with Zack many times when we were in high school
Fishbone
The Cult
The Indigo Girls
Queen Latifah
Joan Baez
Steve Jones
Iggy Pop
The Charlatans U.K.
Lenny Kravitz
The Cramps
The Mission U.K.
The Killers
Shirley Bassey
Spent an afternoon with Emmylou Harris but never saw her perform
Cypress Hill
Deftones
Hung out with Snoop but never saw him perform
Hung out with Jodeci but never saw them perform
Beastie Boys
P-Funk
A Tribe Called Quest
Sun Ra
Shane MacGowan from The Pogues
The Chemical Brothers and I was in the Keep Hope Alive video

There's more but I don't remember, which is one of the reasons I stopped drinking.

cryophonik wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:08 pm No Phish option?
Marillion were never the same after he left :clown:
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Does Fleetwood Mac count? My first concert was Foreigner with Cheap Trick as the front band. Cheap Trick came out and just slayed it. Foreigner was such a tight band, it may as well have been a recording. Same with Mac. I was lucky enough to see Bowie twice in two different phases. The Glass Spider tour and the Let's Dance tours. (I don't think Janis Joplin is a band)

Julio Iglesias in Madrids bullfighting arena, 2001.
Best Regards

Roman Empire

I've seen 2 Beatles, separately. George, 1974 (first concert) and Paul 1989.
The last big shew was CSN in 2015, just before Crosby pissed Nash off so badly that he declared an end to the band.
Saw the Stones on the Steel Wheelchair tour, '89 at the Olympic Stadium.
I regret not seeing Floyd in their prime, Led Zep, too.
Saw Genesis 4 times, Peter Gabriel 3.
The Kinks.
Joni Mitchell opening for Dylan in 1999.
Eric Burdon and the Animals 1983, 1999. '83 was the original Animals line-up. I was in the second row.
Supertramp, 1983, their last tour with Hodgeson.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

only time i saw bowie was a tin machine gig.
only ever saw ozzy solo (with zakk) and only ever saw tony martin sing for black sabbath.

saw elvis, as a hologram (was working wasn't by choice)

saw dylan at glastonbury, was so far back, it could have been anybody and couldn't hear a thing.

have seen lots of cool gigs too, but these are my "damn, almost!" type gigs.

Like 30 years ago my nephew got us tickets to ZZ-Top. Not in Holland, but 3hrs drive to Germany (Köln) in some football stadium. Support act: a local hardrock group. Next support act: Bryan Adams. Yet another support act: John Farnham (he got some booos)
They all had decent stage space (10x30m?), but after a little waiting the black curtains went up and there was ZZ-Top. In a car demolition facility. Sexy dancers, laser beams, driving in carts, the drummer being dumped in a machine that ate cars for lunch. Big show. Largest show I ever saw. (had not seen Prince or BB King then yet)

Two years later they played in my own town, facility could host 2000 ppl max. No support acts, no fancy nothing, just three guys playing their music. And they nailed that too!

Hats off to ZZ-Top.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

I was at the Kickapoo Creek Rock Festival in
1970. I was 1... :lol:

Illinois answer to woodstock i guess.

Goblin about 10yrs ago. Went with a fellow fan that was a horror director I worked for. Heavy bass synths :)

Hawkwind (of course) 2x. First time 93ish in Ottawa. Get caught taking an extra tab in the mens room and ejected from show about halfway through :(. Second 95ish in Toronto. Managed to stay the whole show!

The Cure 87ish

Black Crows, Warrant, Metallica and Aerosmith together. Not my scene but went for free with friends. Black Crows were new to me and pretty damn good. Warrant had a song that was a hit but were unremberable. Metallica were flashy but again I don't remember them well, except they caused a mosh pit. We like most people left after Metallica as Aerosmith started up.

U2 88ish. Right about the time I stopped buying their stuff and moving on.

Grateful Dead with Sting opening 92ish. Sting was great, playing good police songs. The dead were as I expected. A colorful time had by all.

Gerry Garcia Band shortly after the Dead show. Miserable time due to buying a blank sheet of tabs :( and some pretty low key music.

Motorhead 95ish. Extreme live sound band in Toronto's most tinny reverberant warehouse venue ever. I think they were good.

Lots of jazz and blues greats at the amazing various free festivals in Toronto each year :)
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:39 am only time i saw bowie was a tin machine gig.
:!: :!: :!:

Reeves Gabrels was there when I saw Bowie and Nine Inch Nails joined them on stage for half the set, and they played some Tin Machine songs together. As this was before widespread internet, the Nine Inch Nails fans in the audience didn't know that was going to happen and left when Bowie went on, suddenly leaving all of us Bowie fans with front row seats.
only ever saw ozzy solo (with zakk)
Same. Zakk was awesome.
saw dylan at glastonbury, was so far back, it could have been anybody and couldn't hear a thing.
Similar story when I saw The Who at Glastonbury. Pretty much worthless.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”