Thoughts on the new Wusik Station AD synth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there

A couple of days ago I received a newsletter from Wusik announcing their new synth called Wusik Station AD. It seems to be an unfinished product with a lot of features that are not implemented yet but will probably be in the future. At the moment it looks like a relatively simple synth, not super complex/powerful but it might have some potential and I like the GUI. The intro price ($19.95) is very tempting. As I couldn't try it (couldn't find a demo version on their website) I'm curios what do people who purchased it think of this synth. Later edit: actually there is a demo version but there's no mention of it on the main WusikStation AD product page. However, you can't use it because some of the required files are missing. See bellow, on the 2nd page of this thread

Cheers

Later edit: I forgot to mention that I tried the Wusik Station V9 a couple of years ago but I wasn't impressed at all. I found it quite buggy and with some features very poorly implemented.
Last edited by KTlin on Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Avoid like the plague even if free.
Don’t give this company an email address unless it’s a disposable one as they will spam you for years.
Appalling company and I believe they are banned from KVR.

agharta wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:09 am Don’t give this company an email address unless it’s a disposable one as they will spam you for years.
Indeed. I can confirm this. I subscribed to their newsletter a couple of years ago and at some point I was receiving emails from them (with pretty much the same content) almost daily. I was just about to unsubscribe as I find this aggressive strategy super annoying.
agharta wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:09 am Appalling company and I believe they are banned from KVR.
Yes, I saw that WilliamK, the man behind Wusik is banned from KVR but I don't know the reason.

KTlin wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:01 am It seems to be an unfinished product with a lot of features that are not implemented yet but will probably be in the future.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

I purchased Wusik Station 9 a few years ago. It is full of bugs to this day that were never patched. I really wanted to like it but at this point it is pretty much unusable (for me). I do not have any problems with any other VST I have.
Agreed about the emails! Wow! For a time there were a lot! I finally listed them as SPAM in my mail client.

KTlin wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:01 am Hi there

A couple of days ago I received a newsletter from Wusik announcing their new synth called Wusik Station AD. It seems to be an unfinished product with a lot of features that are not implemented yet but will probably be in the future. At the moment it looks like a relatively simple synth, not super complex/powerful but it might have some potential and I like the GUI. The intro price ($19.95) is very tempting. As I couldn't try it (couldn't find a demo version on their website) I'm curios what do people who purchased it think of this synth.

Cheers

Later edit: I forgot to mention that I tried the Wusik Station V9 a couple of years ago but I wasn't impressed at all. I found it quite buggy and with some features very poorly implemented.
I got it and it's definitely unfinished in a some ways but in other ways it's quite good.

It's the only true wave sequencing synth I know of. You can have a sequence of up to 64 waves. Each wave have its own tuning, level, pan, filter level, crossfade value etc.

It has four layers each of which can be a sampler, a wave sequencer or a wavetable and you have vector controls per layer or per patch.

It's certainly not the most stable of plugins but I just run in sandbox mode in Bitwig. Ultimately it sounds pretty good. I was pleasantly surprised by how good the wavetables sound. One of the better implementations.

It comes with a 16gb sample library.

I know that Willem has pissed off a lot of people with his spamming of emails. He certainly doesn't do himself any favours but in reality I took all of 2 seconds to mark his emails as spam so in reality it's not as big a deal as people make out.

I just hope he can get on top of his issues because the synth really does have potential.

kraster wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:18 am I got it and it's definitely unfinished in a some ways but in other ways it's quite good.
It's the only true wave sequencing synth I know of. You can have a sequence of up to 64 waves. Each wave have its own tuning, level, pan, filter level, crossfade value etc.
It has four layers each of which can be a sampler, a wave sequencer or a wavetable and you have vector controls per layer or per patch.
It's certainly not the most stable of plugins but I just run in sandbox mode in Bitwig. Ultimately it sounds pretty good. I was pleasantly surprised by how good the wavetables sound. One of the better implementations.
It comes with a 16gb sample library.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this!

What I find extremely odd and off-putting is that not only there's no demo version for this synth but also there's not even a list with all the features this synth has. On WusikStationAD website there's just a general description (quite vague and with no in-depth details) and 5 screenshots. That's it. I've never seen a product page like this. All the other developers that I know of have an in-depth list with all the features of their synths on their websites. :roll:

To avoid disappointment, I suggest you wait until it is finished before you buy, which may take a number (1 to ~) of years. I was a Wusikstation beta tester (condolences accepted), so I know whereof I speak.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Don't touch Wusik.

He doesn't finish anything, takes money up front for new projects and is not a stable person

Michael L wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:35 pm (condolences accepted)
:lol: :lol: good one

Michael L wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:35 pm To avoid disappointment, I suggest you wait until it is finished before you buy, which may take a number (1 to ~) of years.
seafire wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:44 pm Don't touch Wusik. He doesn't finish anything, takes money up front for new projects and is not a stable person
Thanks for the advice, guys! :tu:

I bought in at v1 of Wusikstation. I liked it. I upgraded a few times until version 4 or 5 (I think) then I stopped using it. By that time, I had so many other synths I liked that I just stopped using it. It was also 32-bit for quite a while, so that was another reason.

Im going to go against the grain. Yes the Dev has issues but he has passion and drive. I cant remember the last time i had an email from them. Hes a cool freak
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Once he can't spam you (after the multiple unsubscribe demands) you get more junk mail, which leads me to believe he sells your addresses. And he operates on a specific regular cycle. So how many times would anyone go to through it once you recognize it?

I too was a beta tester even in the early DaAlpha 2k days and back then he was quite stable and engaged with the community surrounding Wusikstation all the way up to about version 6 then the wheels came off the bus.

He started accepting money for group buys and "pre-orders" for products he never finished or even released. I classified it as fraud at the time and I still feel that way.

He blamed one health problem after another and then it just all fell apart. If he had just focused on his core products and perfecting them instead of constantly trying to hustle up rent money I think he could have been far more successful. He's a very talented programmer when he puts his mind to it but he's a horrible business man.

But having said that, there have been few if any synths with the capabilities of Wusikstation so one could argue that for $20 it's worth taking a chance on Wusikstation AD. I may give it a go at some point just for the heck of it.

Just expect some bugs and the possibility that development will be dropped for another project that will also be half finished.

I think the whole Wusik story is a sad one of wasted talent and missed opportunities.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”