"ZynAddSubFX VST doesn't work in X or Y" PostHere

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Still same problem. Crashes in Ableton under Windows 10 64 bit. OpenGL means something wrong with the UI? I prefer the old FLTK-userinterface an hope there is a 64bit version of ZynaddsubFX.

Moroder66 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:29 pm I prefer the old FLTK-userinterface an hope there is a 64bit version of ZynaddsubFX.
Regarding the classic ZynAddSubFX VST, I can't make that happen, due to dependencies.
Unless I heavily modify everything (or learn a lot of new stuff), I'm stuck with the 32bit library of pthreads, so even if i update the sdk, it still won't compile to 64bit. :(

I'll have some more time, maybe in a week, but I don't have my hopes set too high :(

Do you mean dependencies in the engine, or dependencies in FLTK? I thought there is a 64 bit version of FLTK. Do you have anything to do with the Zyn-fusion project? Don't know what that is all about.

I mean threading dependencies. In particular some threading stuff which is implemented with pthreads (POSIX).

FLTK too, actually. There may be a newer version, but the one I've used was heavily tweaked 10 years ago to work properly with windows (bugs like stuck modal windows, mouse messages not working properly). But the main pain, I think its getting rid of pthreads library. And you need thread management to keep the GUI outside the audio thread (otherwise very nasty things happen).

But if you find a way to compile pthreads statically in 64bit, let me know!
Disclaimer: I learned programming 30 years ago, so I'm not that well versed in modern multi threading techniques.

I'm not involved with Zyn-fusion project, I just keep the Classic ZynAddSubFX (FLTK x86) alive as a windows VST (in my thread here, at KVR). BTW: All I said is for windows only. I don't have a Linux box. The version I maintain is forked based on linux version 2.4.1 (with some additions from later versions like unison, and other stuff).

ZynAddSubFX's VST doesn't close in LMMS. It works fine, but doesn't close.

You referring to the classic windows version? Which exact version are you using? I'll try to check.
What happens? Remains as a zombie process? after LMMS exits?
You know you have to close the dummy window to close the UI, right?

Zyn-Fusion instantly crashes Reaper on Mac OS X upon adding it to a track. Can't add text from Reaper crash, as it's way too long for the forum to accept. I LOVE the PADsynth sound, want to use this synth to create wavetables for my other DAWs. Can't use it. The file(s) for Mac OS X should be removed entirely until there is an actual 'working' synth for Mac OS X.

neurononeuro wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:59 am Zyn-Fusion instantly crashes Reaper on Mac OS X upon adding it to a track. Can't add text from Reaper crash, as it's way too long for the forum to accept. I LOVE the PADsynth sound, want to use this synth to create wavetables for my other DAWs. Can't use it. The file(s) for Mac OS X should be removed entirely until there is an actual 'working' synth for Mac OS X.
Is it possible to extract PADsynth wavetable?

humanboeing wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:45 am
neurononeuro wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:59 am Zyn-Fusion instantly crashes Reaper on Mac OS X upon adding it to a track. Can't add text from Reaper crash, as it's way too long for the forum to accept. I LOVE the PADsynth sound, want to use this synth to create wavetables for my other DAWs. Can't use it. The file(s) for Mac OS X should be removed entirely until there is an actual 'working' synth for Mac OS X.
Is it possible to extract PADsynth wavetable?
Unsure of how one would extract the PADsynth wavetable, when the plugin immediately crashes the DAW. I don't actually get to use the plugin :(

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I'm on Ubuntu MATE 22.04. When I install zynaddsubfx_3.0.5-1kxstudio7_amd64.deb and then try to open ZynAddSubFX in a sequencer/DAW, I get this error:

Code: Select all (#)

libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast: /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
ZynAddSubFX is looking for swrast_dri.so in

/usr/lib/dri
That file on my computer is in:

/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri
Any ideas?

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”