Got Ivory.......now for some observations

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, got Ivory for Christmas.....along with Open Labs NeKo64!!! (awesome wife, huh?) anyway, about Ivory. I've got to say so far it's pretty amazing. It's only available for Mac right now, and I hope that changes so I can run it on the NeKo. However, I'm running it on my PowerBook G4 1.33 1.5 gig ram, OSX 10.3.7. On Logic 6.3.1, I was getting a slow drive alert, which is an alert within Ivory. Also some drop-outs. But in ProTools 6.4 HD running off a Magma Chassis, it seemed rock solid. Most realistic a simulated piano has ever felt to me, and I've been playing professionally for over 30 years!

All three pianos sound great, though very different. Yamaha, very close miked and commercial. Probably use it the most, since almost all the pianos in Nashville are Yahama's. Very used to the sound. Bosendorfer 290 sounds huge, though a little bit more ambient. Good for ballads and Norah Jones-type stuff! Steinway sounds great for a Steinway, as I'm not a big fan. Of course, that depends on the Steinway, but they're hard to make speak for someone with a light touch like me. Still, very wooden sounding and well recorded. There you have it. Pretty awesome set. Maybe it's less buggy on Logic 6.4, but I'm not shelling out 1,000.00 to upgrade!! Sucks!!

Jimmy

bump.

- what's the overall point two years later ?!

Yes and Im' curious about that Neko64 experience
Still have it ?
Satisfied ?

Seeing it is his only post i doubt he's going to answer.
But then again,stranger thing has happened. :D

Return to “Instruments”