GigaStudio 24

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was following the piano thread and some of the orchestral sample discussions and am really undecided about formats. The Malmsjo piano demo sounded really good and got me to thinking about a copy of GigaStudio I got with a Tascan product last summer. I've not been able to figure out what I have here, and the help files and web searches are not consistant. The disk says "Tascam, GIGASTUDIO 24, Bundled Version".

Is this a 24 bit version of GigaStudio? Can I add these other instrument sample files and can I use this as a plugin instrument in Sonar?

Any clues would be appreciated.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8779

It's the 24 voice version (not 24 bit samples).

GW wrote:can I use this as a plugin instrument in Sonar?
No.You can however upgrade to Gigastudio 3(assuming there's an upgrade path from your version) and use it via Re-Wire in Sonar.With the version you have,you have to have a sound card with GSIF drivers(for any version of Giga) and start Gigasampler first,then open Sonar and use Giga as you would an external midi instrument.

Thanks Alan. I just thought I'd check it out before I gfot more complicated, but it seems the Gigastudio will not do what I was hoping. I couldn't get clarity on the Tascam site.

Return to “Instruments”