Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF

9610 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:26 am Re: Lets see some studio pics

IncarnateX wrote:
D-Fusion wrote:Here is my setup Atm. :)

The image is very dark. Is it a synth or controller as main keyboard?

Korg Prologue.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
sjm
KVRAF

1565 posts since 17 Apr, 2004

Postby sjm; Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:41 am Re: Lets see some studio pics

IncarnateX wrote:

The image is very dark. Is it a synth or controller as main keyboard? And which synth/controller?

https://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/prologue/

Edit: I see a reply was posted while I was browsing.
Voted KVR's resident drunk Robert Smith impersonator (thanks Frantz!)
D-Fusion
KVRAF

3650 posts since 13 Jul, 2004, from Earth

Postby D-Fusion; Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:34 am Re: Lets see some studio pics

sjm wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:

The image is very dark. Is it a synth or controller as main keyboard? And which synth/controller?

https://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/prologue/

Edit: I see a reply was posted while I was browsing.

It is Korg Prologue 16 voice :-)
Over the screen is a Yamaha Reface CS and to the right of the Prologue i have a Roland Se02 and the D05 :-)

I am waiting for my new soundcard to arrive so i can add the rest of my synths since the new one has 16 inputs.
rob_lee
KVRAF

7337 posts since 16 Oct, 2006, from North East UK

Postby rob_lee; Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:35 am Re: Lets see some studio pics

Got a new Blofeld desktop and Pulse 2 delivered direct from Waldorf this afternoon to program some new sounds. Already have the Blofeld KB but fancied a new desktop for live use hooked up to Digitakt etc.. Now waiting for my Waldorf STVC coming for factory sounds and testing.

IncarnateX
KVRAF

2937 posts since 25 Jan, 2009, from Forgotten Realms

Postby IncarnateX; Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:21 pm Re: Lets see some studio pics

Hi guys,
I am so happy for you when your parcels arrive safely but your display of cardboard is not as sexy as when you show of your exciting set ups, so could you please recall these for us too now and then? :D
BONES
GRRRRRRR!

6994 posts since 13 Jun, 2001, from Somewhere else, on principle

Postby BONES; Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:00 pm Re: Lets see some studio pics

rob_lee wrote:Got a new Blofeld desktop and Pulse 2 delivered direct from Waldorf this afternoon to program some new sounds. Already have the Blofeld KB but fancied a new desktop for live use hooked up to Digitakt etc.. Now waiting for my Waldorf STVC coming for factory sounds and testing.

I've decided to get rid of my Pulse 2. I thought it would be like a Rocket on steroids but it's actually no better at all and not half as much fun to play with. It sure is built like a tank, though. If the Rocket was put into that case it would be awesome.
NOVAkILL 3.0 : Acer Switch5 (Core i5, Win10), Zoom U24, Orion 64 bit, Maschine Mikro, Elektron Analog Keys, Ultranova, Rocket, MicroMonsta
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF

7834 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:20 am Re: Lets see some studio pics

rob_lee wrote:Got a new Blofeld desktop and Pulse 2 delivered direct from Waldorf this afternoon to program some new sounds. Already have the Blofeld KB but fancied a new desktop for live use hooked up to Digitakt etc.. Now waiting for my Waldorf STVC coming for factory sounds and testing.

Hope the knobs on those arent as wobbly as on the NW1 module.
IncarnateX
KVRAF

Postby IncarnateX; Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:28 pm Re: Lets see some studio pics

BONES wrote:I've decided to get rid of my Pulse 2. I thought it would be like a Rocket on steroids but it's actually no better at all and not half as much fun to play with. It sure is built like a tank, though. If the Rocket was put into that case it would be awesome.

Now that I have explored my new pearl, Bass Station 2, I wounder whether you have tried this? Do not know what kind of bass you go,for these days but there surely are some old school EBM potential, some deep -24 db bass with sub, e.g. you can spread it over three octaves if you like or just fatten a single octaved bass. Though I have not explored its overdrive, so if you go for distorted sounds, I can only say it got a distortion unit but not whether I think it is a good one. However, to me its strenght would be rounded and deep basses, which it can do in a way that does not make them dull.
chk071
KVRAF

16398 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:33 pm Re: Lets see some studio pics

Lovely. Waldorf simply knows how to design synths (or, rather, Axel Hartmann does).
BONES
GRRRRRRR!

Postby BONES; Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:17 pm Re: Lets see some studio pics

IncarnateX wrote:Now that I have explored my new pearl, Bass Station 2, I wounder whether you have tried this?

I had the original BassStation rack many years ago. It could do a perfect imitation of Leaether Strip's bass sound but it was pretty limited otherwise. I've got the BassStation 2 VSTi but I don't think I've ever fired it up because we also have V-Station which is incredibly capable.
Do not know what kind of bass you go,for these days but there surely are some old school EBM potential, some deep -24 db bass with sub, e.g. you can spread it over three octaves if you like or just fatten a single octaved bass. Though I have not explored its overdrive, so if you go for distorted sounds, I can only say it got a distortion unit but not whether I think it is a good one. However, to me its strenght would be rounded and deep basses, which it can do in a way that does not make them dull.

For what we do, nothing can touch Orion's Wasp for the most amazing, moving basslines you'll ever hear. We've also been using DUNE a bit for the new album, and The Legend gets a look in here and there, but Wasp still drives most of the songs. A lot of what I like about Rocket is how close it can get to Wasp's bass sound but I'd never even think to use hardware for basslines, it would make collaboration way too hard.
NOVAkILL 3.0 : Acer Switch5 (Core i5, Win10), Zoom U24, Orion 64 bit, Maschine Mikro, Elektron Analog Keys, Ultranova, Rocket, MicroMonsta
IncarnateX
KVRAF

Postby IncarnateX; Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:37 pm Re: Lets see some studio pics

BONES wrote:but I'd never even think to use hardware for basslines, it would make collaboration way too hard.

Do you and your band mate live far from each other?
BONES
GRRRRRRR!

Postby BONES; Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:55 pm Re: Lets see some studio pics

Not really but we both have full-time jobs and he has a family. We probably only get together half-a-dozen times a year and we usually get bugger-all done. 99% of our collaboration is via email and SMS.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Everything Else (Music related)