Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

IncarnateX wrote:
D-Fusion wrote:Here is my setup Atm. :)
The image is very dark. Is it a synth or controller as main keyboard?
Korg Prologue.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

IncarnateX wrote:
The image is very dark. Is it a synth or controller as main keyboard? And which synth/controller?
https://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/prologue/

Edit: I see a reply was posted while I was browsing.

sjm wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:
The image is very dark. Is it a synth or controller as main keyboard? And which synth/controller?
https://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/prologue/

Edit: I see a reply was posted while I was browsing.
It is Korg Prologue 16 voice :-)
Over the screen is a Yamaha Reface CS and to the right of the Prologue i have a Roland Se02 and the D05 :-)

I am waiting for my new soundcard to arrive so i can add the rest of my synths since the new one has 16 inputs.

Got a new Blofeld desktop and Pulse 2 delivered direct from Waldorf this afternoon to program some new sounds. Already have the Blofeld KB but fancied a new desktop for live use hooked up to Digitakt etc.. Now waiting for my Waldorf STVC coming for factory sounds and testing.

Hi guys,
I am so happy for you when your parcels arrive safely but your display of cardboard is not as sexy as when you show of your exciting set ups, so could you please recall these for us too now and then? :D

rob_lee wrote:Got a new Blofeld desktop and Pulse 2 delivered direct from Waldorf this afternoon to program some new sounds. Already have the Blofeld KB but fancied a new desktop for live use hooked up to Digitakt etc.. Now waiting for my Waldorf STVC coming for factory sounds and testing.
I've decided to get rid of my Pulse 2. I thought it would be like a Rocket on steroids but it's actually no better at all and not half as much fun to play with. It sure is built like a tank, though. If the Rocket was put into that case it would be awesome.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

rob_lee wrote:Got a new Blofeld desktop and Pulse 2 delivered direct from Waldorf this afternoon to program some new sounds. Already have the Blofeld KB but fancied a new desktop for live use hooked up to Digitakt etc.. Now waiting for my Waldorf STVC coming for factory sounds and testing.

Hope the knobs on those arent as wobbly as on the NW1 module.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

BONES wrote: I've decided to get rid of my Pulse 2. I thought it would be like a Rocket on steroids but it's actually no better at all and not half as much fun to play with. It sure is built like a tank, though. If the Rocket was put into that case it would be awesome.
Now that I have explored my new pearl, Bass Station 2, I wounder whether you have tried this? Do not know what kind of bass you go,for these days but there surely are some old school EBM potential, some deep -24 db bass with sub, e.g. you can spread it over three octaves if you like or just fatten a single octaved bass. Though I have not explored its overdrive, so if you go for distorted sounds, I can only say it got a distortion unit but not whether I think it is a good one. However, to me its strenght would be rounded and deep basses, which it can do in a way that does not make them dull.

Lovely. Waldorf simply knows how to design synths (or, rather, Axel Hartmann does).

IncarnateX wrote:Now that I have explored my new pearl, Bass Station 2, I wounder whether you have tried this?
I had the original BassStation rack many years ago. It could do a perfect imitation of Leaether Strip's bass sound but it was pretty limited otherwise. I've got the BassStation 2 VSTi but I don't think I've ever fired it up because we also have V-Station which is incredibly capable.
Do not know what kind of bass you go,for these days but there surely are some old school EBM potential, some deep -24 db bass with sub, e.g. you can spread it over three octaves if you like or just fatten a single octaved bass. Though I have not explored its overdrive, so if you go for distorted sounds, I can only say it got a distortion unit but not whether I think it is a good one. However, to me its strenght would be rounded and deep basses, which it can do in a way that does not make them dull.
For what we do, nothing can touch Orion's Wasp for the most amazing, moving basslines you'll ever hear. We've also been using DUNE a bit for the new album, and The Legend gets a look in here and there, but Wasp still drives most of the songs. A lot of what I like about Rocket is how close it can get to Wasp's bass sound but I'd never even think to use hardware for basslines, it would make collaboration way too hard.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote:but I'd never even think to use hardware for basslines, it would make collaboration way too hard.
Do you and your band mate live far from each other?

Not really but we both have full-time jobs and he has a family. We probably only get together half-a-dozen times a year and we usually get bugger-all done. 99% of our collaboration is via email and SMS.

Analog corner got a makeover this afternoon ...
tcc_analog_corner_1.jpg
Everything is within easy reach now. I can get back to sampling the Abyss ... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thecontrolcentre wrote:Analog corner got a makeover this afternoon ...
:tu:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

This is a link to some photos of my home studio as per the thread request. - Scotty

http://www.dotbmusic.ca/photos-2

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”