VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sepheritoh
KVRAF
Topic Starter
2401 posts since 29 Dec, 2002 from In the dark

Post Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:51 am

The question has been asked many times but I don't know if the call has been answered. We need a VST that can play mov, wmv or avi files.

My idea is to use it as a method to play video files over a LAN by making use of FX Teleport.

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/sho ... hp?t=31896

The simplest way could be if the VST integrates somehow with Windows Media Player or at least communicate with it somehow to send sync and play messages. How difficult could that be? I don't know, but it sounds far too complicated for me to do.

If you develop something like this you could sell it to us. The market might be limited - I am not sure.

Mike from reFX
KVRian
539 posts since 27 Feb, 2001 from Vancouver / Canada

Post Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:00 am

I don't know which host you use, but all major ones have that feature already... So the market would be SEVERELY limited...

Barf
KVRAF
2072 posts since 2 Apr, 2004

Post Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:21 am

..even fruityloops has one these days :D

Sepheritoh
KVRAF
Topic Starter

Post Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:31 am

I have Sonar. It works great. The idea is to distrubute computing power to another machine. Video streaming does take hard disc bandwidth and with memory intensive libraries like GPO it comes at a premium. So, having a VST that can play video I can use FX teleport to show the video on another machine. The second part to this is having a computer linked up with a large TV screen to watch the video. I have 2 duel head machines. I need both monitors while working in Sonar for composing and mixing. To get the video up on the TV I would like to show the video on machine 2, where I can hook the second monitor up with a TV. The GForce FX5200 video cards I use have TV outs, but it can not be used as a 3rd out simultaniously with the 2nd monitor.

koolkeys
KVRAF
16139 posts since 2 Dec, 2003 from Nashville, TN

Post Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:34 am

Yup, even T2 is getting this!

Koolkeys

jtxx000
KVRAF
1617 posts since 2 Dec, 2003

Post Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:37 am

it wouldn't be too hard with juce as jules added a new component that plays quicktime movies.

Sepheritoh
KVRAF
Topic Starter

Post Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:43 am

But none of those mentioned can be syncronised over a LAN.

Or maybe midi-over-lan could do.

But then, buying an extra copy of Sonar or fruity just to show video on a second computer would be silly. :roll:

tERMoBLUe
KVRian
1300 posts since 26 May, 2003 from im müscha...

Post Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:43 am

yes, fruityloops has a player integrated as plugin...but too standalone as vst...ist's very useful :D ...cu

tro

Sepheritoh
KVRAF
Topic Starter

Post Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:05 am

OK. So fruity can do it? And T2?

Does somebody mind explaining to me how it works.

Return to “Instruments”